Prehistoric Herbivore Pack

Since we practically just got a carnivore pack, I think a herbivore pack is very likely.
These would be my ideal picks:
  • Plateosaurus
1701706339969.jpeg

• Microceratus
1701706617838.png

• Falcarius
1701706681628.png

• Ornithomimus

1701706888538.png

Put Falcaris aside and replace it with Protoceratops.
Protoceratops isn't a bad pick either, though I figured that it's a bit too similar to Microceratus, which is also a small ceratopsian. Plus, a small feathered fully accurate therizinosaur would be really great imo.

For a more accurate therizinosaur I think I would rather go with Segnosaurus or Nothronychus.
Given the amount of known remains from both Nothronychus species, I think I prefer it over Segnosaurus. I found a photo on Wikipedia that shows skeletal remains known from both Nothronychus species. Known elements from N. mckinleyi are in blue, elements from N. graffami are in red and elements from both species are in purple.
1702584357747.png

Personally, I think both Falcarius and Beipiaosaurus could make nice additions to the game. Some species that could work are uivenator paradoxus (I apologize in advance the name always gets partially censored for some reason; its from Japan) and Alxasaurus, which both of them appear to be known from decent amount of fossil remains.
1702583758449.png

I think some other species that could work nicely in this pack include:
Leaellynasaura, A genus of small herbivorous ornithischian dinosaurs from the Albian stage of the Early Cretaceous (dated to between 118 and 110 million years ago), first discovered in Dinosaur Cove, Australia. It was featured in the walking with dinosaurs documentary series.

Nqwebasaurus, A basal coelurosaur and is the basal-most member of the coelurosaurian clade Ornithomimosauria from the Early Cretaceous of South Africa. The name Nqwebasaurus is derived from the Xhosa word "Nqweba" which is the local name for the Kirkwood district, and "thwazi" is ancient Xhosa for "fast runner". Currently it is the oldest coelurosaur in Africa and shows that basal coelurosaurian dinosaurs inhabited Gondwana 50 million years earlier than previously thought. It is the only fossil of its species found to date and was found in the Kirkwood Formation of the Uitenhage Group. Nqwebasaurus has the unofficial nickname "Kirky", due to being found in the Kirkwood.

Lurdusaurus, A genus of massive and unusually shaped iguanodont dinosaur from the Elrhaz Formation in Niger. The formation dates to the Early Cretaceous, roughly 112 million years ago. Lurdusaurus has a highly atypical body plan for an iguanodont, with a small skull, long neck, rotund torso, and powerful forelimbs and claws, somewhat reminiscent of a ground sloth. It is estimated to have been 7–9 m (23–30 ft) long and 2 m (6 ft 7 in) high when on all-fours. It may have weighed 2.5–5.5 tons (2.8–6.1 short tons) The holotype specimen consisted of a nearly complete adult iguanodont skeleton with a fragmentary skull belonging to single individual. Its name means heavy lizard.

Magnapaulia, A genus of herbivorous lambeosaurine hadrosaurid dinosaurs known from the Latest Cretaceous Baja California, of northwestern Mexico. It is estimated to have grown between 12.5 and 16.5 m (41-54.1 ft.) long, with a body mass of up to 8 metric tons (8.8 tons).Some researchers believed this species was water-bound, due to features like its size, its tall and narrow tail (interpreted as a swimming adaptation), and weak hip articulations, as well as a healed broken thigh bone that they thought would have been too much of a handicap for a terrestrial animal to have survived long enough to heal. If gets added I would recommend the developers require it to have a lot of water in its enclosure.
1702654521386.png

Talenkauen, A genus of basal iguanodont dinosaur from the Campanian or Maastrichtian age of the Late Cretaceous Cerro Fortaleza Formation, formerly known as the Pari Aike Formation of Patagonian Lake Viedma, in the Austral Basin of Santa Cruz, Argentina.

uisaurus (I will apologize again for the name getting partially censored), A genus of herbivorous ornithopod dinosaur that lived during the Early Cretaceous in what is now Japan. Remains of uisaurus were discovered in 1989, in Katsuyama, ui Prefecture, in rocks from the Kitadani Formation. Its length is estimated to be around 4.5 meters (14.8 ft.) and its weight at 400 kilograms (881.8 lbs.). Its name means fortunate lizard.

Camptosaurus, A genus of plant-eating, beaked ornithischian dinosaurs of the Late Jurassic period of western North America and possibly also Europe. It grew to between 5 to 6.79 meters (16.4-22.3 ft.) long. The name means 'flexible lizard'. It has been featured in the Planet Dinosaur documentary series.

Kulindadromeus, A herbivorous dinosaur, a basal neornithischian from the Middle Jurassic. The first Kulindadromeus fossil was found in Russia. Its feather-like integument is evidence for protofeathers being basal to Ornithischia and possibly Dinosauria as a whole, rather than just to Coelurosauria, as previously suspected. Kulindadromeus is featured on the flag and coat of arms of Russia's Chernyshevsky District, where it was discovered.
1702585587134.png

Apatoraptor, A genus of caenagnathid dinosaur from the Horseshoe Canyon Formation of Alberta that lived during the late Cretaceous period. The generic name is derived from the Greek goddess of deceit, Apatè, and Latin raptor, "robber", in reference to the specimen hiding its true identity for many years. The specific name means "feathered" in Latin, referring to the find of quill knobs on the ulna, showing the animal had wings.

Incisivosaurus, A genus of small, probably herbivorous theropod dinosaurs from the early Cretaceous period of what is now the People's Republic of China. Its name means incisor lizard based on its prominent, rodent-like front teeth, which show wear patterns commonly found in plant-eating dinosaurs. It grew to be around 0.8–1 meters (2.6–3.3 feet) long and its weighed around 2–4.6 kg (4.4–10 lbs.).This species appeared in the Prehistoric Park documentary series.

Laquintasaura, A genus of Venezuelan ornithischian dinosaur containing only the type species Laquintasaura venezuelae. The species was the first dinosaur to have been identified from Venezuela. It is known from extensive remains, all from a singular bonebed locality, La Quinta Formation, which has been sampled for specimen blocks over the course of several expeditions. It is estimated that it grew to be around 1 meters (3.3 ft.) in length.

Isaberrysaura: A species of stegosaurian ornithischian dinosaur from the middle Jurassic period that was found in Los Molles Formation of Patagonia, Argentina. It is estimated to have measured around 5 to 6 meters (16 to 20 ft.) long. The researchers have found fossilized seeds within its rib cage, which makes Isaberrysaura the first basal ornithischian to have a preserved meal found in its remains. Although initially classified as a basal neornithischian, subsequent analysis has allied it with the Stegosauria; the morphology of its skull resembles those of other members of the group.
1702590248779.png

Scelidosaurus: A species of herbivorous armored ornithischian dinosaur from the Jurassic period found in the British Isles. Its fossils have been found in the Charmouth Mudstone Formation near Charmouth in Dorset, England. Scelidosaurus is currently the only classified dinosaur found in Ireland. It is the most completely known dinosaur of the British Isles.

Gargoyleosaurus, It is one of the earliest ankylosaurs known from relatively complete fossil remains. The holotype was discovered in 1995 at the Bone Cabin Quarry West locality, in Albany County, Wyoming in exposures of the late Jurassic section of the Morrison Formation. Its name means gargoyle lizard.

Dracopelta, A monospecific genus of ankylosaur dinosaur from Portugal that lived during the late Jurassic period in what is now the Lourinhã Formation. It is estimated to have had a body length of 3 meters (9.9 feet) and a weight of 300 kilograms (600 lb.).Its name means dragon shield which derived from the Latin word draco (dragon) and the Greek word πέλτη, pelte, (Latinized to pelta), "small shield". The specific name, zbyszewskii, honors Georges Zbyszewski, after his research on fossil vertebrates from Portugal.

Mymoorapelta, A species of nodosaurid ankylosaur from the late Jurassic period found in Morrison Formation of western Colorado and central Utah, USA. It is one of the earliest known nodosaurids; and is also one of the smallest ankylosaurs currently known and the smallest known quadrupedal dinosaur from the Morrison Formation. It is estimated that the length of the largest specimen is around 3 meters (9.8 ft.). Mymoorapelta was the first Jurassic ankylosaur named from North America.
1702589826249.png

Antetonitrus, a genus of sauropod dinosaur found in the Early Jurassic Elliot Formation of South Africa. The only species is Antetonitrus ingenipes. As one of the oldest known sauropods, it is crucial for the understanding of the origin and early evolution of this group. It was a quadrupedal herbivore, like all of its later relatives, but shows primitive adaptations to use the forelimbs for grasping, instead of purely for weight support. The holotype specimen may have measured 8–10 meters (26–33 ft.) in length and 5.6 metric tons (6.2 short tons) in body mass. The name is derived from the Latin ante- ("before") and tonitrus ("thunder"), which refers to its existence, before other known sauropods, specifically Brontosaurus ("thunder lizard"). The one known species of Antetonitrus is called A. ingenipes, from the Latin ingens ("massive") and pes ("foot"), because it shows the beginning of the development of feet designed solely to support weight.

Ingentia, a genus of early sauropod dinosaur from the Late Triassic (late Norian-Rhaetian) of Argentina. The type specimen of Ingentia, PVSJ 1086, was discovered in the Quebrada del Barro Formation of northwestern Argentina. Its name means first huge one, a reference to one of the first very large sauropodomorphs to evolve.

Riojasaurus, A herbivorous sauropodomorph dinosaur named after La Rioja Province in Argentina where it was found in the Los Colorados Formation in the Ischigualasto-Villa Unión Basin that lived during the late Triassic period. Riojasaurus is the only known riojasaurid to live in South America. It is estimated to have grown between 6.6 and 10 meters (22-33 ft.) and its weight between 800 kilograms and 3 metric tons (1,800 lb. and 3.3 short tons). Unfortunately, in 1994, 56 caudal vertebrae from one specimen, and a cast of the skull of Riojasaurus incertus, along with several other specimens, were stolen from the National University of La Rioja in Argentina, which have still not been found.
1702606697720.png

Elaphrosaurus, A genus of ceratosaurian theropod dinosaur that lived approximately 154 to 150 million years ago during the Late Jurassic Period in what is now Tanzania in Africa. Elaphrosaurus was a medium-sized but lightly built member of the group that could grow up to 6.2 m (20 ft) long. Morphologically, this dinosaur is significant in two ways. Firstly, it has a relatively long body but is very shallow-chested for a theropod of its size. Secondly, it has very short hindlimbs in comparison with its body. It is thought that it likely hunted the small and swift ornithopod herbivores. However, newer research support the idea that Elaphrosaurus was either a herbivore or omnivore.

Chilesaurus, An extinct genus of herbivorous dinosaur that lived 145 million years ago (Mya) in the late Jurassic period of Chile. Showing a combination of traits from theropods, ornithischians, and sauropodomorphs, this genus has far-reaching implications for the evolution of dinosaurs. It measured roughly 3.2 m (10.5 ft) from nose to tail. he most unusual feature of Chilesaurus is its spatula-shaped, elongated teeth, obliquely pointing forwards. Such dentition would be unique in the Theropoda, where it has sometimes been recovered, and is typical for a herbivore, indicating Chilesaurus was a plant-eater.
1702595902195.png

Edaphosaurus, A genus of extinct edaphosaurid synapsids that lived in what is now North America and Europe around 303.4 to 272.5 million years ago,[1] during the Late Carboniferous to Early Permian. Edaphosaurus is important as one of the earliest-known, large, plant-eating (herbivorous), amniote tetrapods (four-legged land-living vertebrates). It grew to be around 0.5 to 3.5 meters (1.6 to 11.5 ft.) in length and weighed over 300 kilograms (660 lb.). Its genus name means pavement lizard, a reference to the "dental pavement" on both the upper and lower jaws, which is derived from the Greek edaphos έδαφος ("ground"; also "pavement") and σαῦρος (sauros) ("lizard").

Gordodon, An extinct genus of non-mammalian synapsid that lived during the Early Permian of what is now Otero County, New Mexico. It grew to be around 1 meters (3 ft.) in length excluding the tail and 34 kilograms (75 lb.) in weight. The unique jaws and teeth of Gordodon amongst early synapsids suggest that it was one of the first herbivorous tetrapods to have specialized in selectively feeding on high nutrient, low-fiber plant fructifications (seeds and fruit-like structures). The generic name is from the Spanish word "gordo", meaning "fat", and the Ancient Greek suffix "-odon" to mean "fat tooth", referring to its characteristically large front teeth. The name is also a play on "Alamogordo", the name of the city close to where the fossil was discovered. The specific name kraineri was chosen in honour of Karl Krainer, a geologist of the University of Innsbruck in recognition of his extensive work on paleontology and geology in New Mexico.
1702604642315.png

Tapinocephalus, large herbivorous dinocephalians that lived during the Middle Permian Period in the South African Karoo. They were over 3 meters (10 ft) in length and massed around 1.5 to 2 tons (3,300 to 4,400 lb.). They are considered to be one of the largest animals alive during the time they lived; and it is believed they engaged in head butting either for mates and or to control territory, kind of like the Pachycephalosaurs. Its name means humble head

Scutosaurus, an extinct genus of pareiasaur parareptiles. Its genus name, which means shield lizard, refers to large plates of armor scattered across its body. Fossils have been found in the Sokolki Assemblage Zone of the Malokinelskaya Formation in European Russia, close to the Ural Mountains, dating to the late Permian (Lopingian) between 264 and 252 million years ago. It grew to be about 2.5–3 meters (8 – 9 feet) in length and weighing up to 1,160 kilograms (2,560 lb.).

Lisowicia, An extinct genus of giant dicynodont synapsid that lived in what is now Poland during the Late Triassic Period, about 210–205 million years ago. Lisowicia is the largest known dicynodont, as well as the largest non-mammalian synapsid, and is estimated to have weighed between 5–6 tons, comparable in size to modern elephants. It was also one of the last dicynodonts, living shortly before their extinction at the end of the Triassic period.
1702596211677.png

Last edited:
All Good suggestions!
My 4 Species would be ...
1. Edaphosaurs ( 3,2 m long )....... " Friend "and prey of Dimetrodon of the Perm.
Edaphosaurus_pogonias.jpg

2. Plateosaurus ( 9m Long)...... " Most common" Prosauropod of the Triassic .....could live together with ceolopphysis.
plateosaurus-size.jpg

3. Microceratus ( 1m Long ) ...... Hey.... the only one left out species frome JW III !
tpzgpic1qeu91.jpg

4. Diabloceratops ( 4m long ) ...... This or Protoceratops as Medium size Ceratopsian .
71+4BAJ5W5L.jpg

Last edited:
It's an excellent lineup of species. I definitely say yes to Plateosaurus. Microceratus I'm still mixed about since it isn't a interesting design for jw dino, I personally think that protoceratops would be better in my opinion. Falcarius I would definitely be on board with since it's a very basil Therizinosaurid. Ornithomimus is okay but looks too close to the Struthiomimus unless they put feathers, but I think that Pelecanmimus, Harpymimus or Paraxenisaurus would be better candidates in my opinion. This is just my suggestion on what species would be cool and interesting for an Prehistoric Herbivore pack. for Number 4 I'd go with either Ornithomimids Or in my opinion more pachycephalosaurs.

This Is Just my Suggestion on a prehistoric herbivore pack:
1. Plateosaurus
2. Nothronychus or Falcarius
3. Protoceratops
4. Alaskacephale, Prenocephale or Stegoceras

Last edited:
Dude, could you please stop hijacking other peoples' threads? You are already posting infinite threads and posts with your wishlists everywhere non-stop.
And what's with this "prey pack"? As if Frontier would seriously name a pack that way lol

I'd replace Ornithomimus with Pelecanimimus, since Pelicanimimus is somewhat interesting and wouldn't just be a Struthiomimus reskin.
Pelecanimimus is thought to be piscivore, not herbivore.
But yeah, generally I'd prefer Pelecanimimus over Ornithomimus.

Top Bottom