Pro-Xeno functionality in the HIP 22460 conflict

I believe it would be extremely beneficial to Elite Dangerous & the wider scope of this narrative phase if players were allowed to select sides.
This could be the first time players get to work alongside the Thargoids. Allowing for potential new interactions between Thargoid vessels & Friendly human vessels.

Imagine if the Thargoid could heal you? Or charge your shields? Or protect you with their swarm?

I'd imagine they would be a powerful ally, though considering their history I believe the parameters of such a coalition would be quite sensitive to maintain.
This would obviously take a bit of extra work & would most likely conflict with the ongoing narrative Frontier is implementing in Elite, but I thought it was neat enough to at least share.

Edit:
I believe it could work much like the typical conflict zone. Selecting the sides for the Thargoids.
It begs the question though, where would we cash in our bonds?

That’s like expecting a cat to ally with the fleas on a dog.
thargoid = cat
guardians (and their technology) = dog
humans infesting the machinery = us

Last edited:
Given how selective the Thargoids are elsewhere, it would be nice to have them recognise a player helping them. Then again, they may not want to take the risk based on the typical experience of a human ship dropping into a warzone - how often do humans check if the Thargoid appearing in a CZ is friendly?

Cash in the bonds at a Far God megaship 😄. But I don't need the Thargs to do anything for me, just carry on being restrained in their reprisals (not attacking planetside, not attacking more than a handful of stations, not attacking all humans they encounter with prejudice). So the objective is to prevent escalation by demonstrating conflicting human narratives. That's something that could be logged and used by FDev to inform Thargoid behaviour, in-game or in story.

I'm afraid the writing is Thargoid bad even though the lore of elite shows we are the aggressors . It's an easy naive writing thargoids coming over here taking our women our jobs our planets .
It would be nice to he able to help them in certain areas .
But as we seen in the past one slight misstep in shooting and everyone is a enemy ( Gnosis, megaships)

Top Bottom