General / Off-Topic Probable dangerous mutation

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This is the reality that is hidden by the governments since weeks.

Figures are wrong and largely underestimated, the virulence of the virus also.

I dunno.... perhaps I will be proven wrong and you can tell me "I told you so" but I think the click baity media as well as people spreading fear is doing more harm than good - hence we get bogroll gate and people getting pushed to the ground fighting over hand gel like it is black friday.

Personally I am making sensible precautions, washing hands properly, making sure i dont start to get a temperature and see what happens.
bottom line, if it IS as bad as OP suggests then we are screwed...... but spreading panic before people know for certain helps no one imo.

my wife is a CL3 laboratory manager. I used to work in the same place, so it is not like i havent been around dangerous organisms before..... I wont say i am not concerned but i still thing perspective is needed.

I'd take info coming out of America with a pinch of salt. From accounts I've read they basically screwed the pooch on their initial containment measures; they didn't even have a working test for Christ's sake. It's likely the prevalence of the disease is much more wide spread and you're going to see a lot more people sick and getting hospitalised soon. And the lack of awareness of that is going to make it look a lot like "surprise and volatile".

Mods please close threads like this asap.

The WHO has said that false information is far more damaging than the virus itself and we don't need false drama and scare stories here.

Please follow WHO guidelines with this virus, we all need to play our part.

I'd take info coming out of America with a pinch of salt. From accounts I've read they basically screwed the pooch on their initial containment measures; they didn't even have a working test for Christ's sake. It's likely the prevalence of the disease is much more wide spread and you're going to see a lot more people sick and getting hospitalised soon. And the lack of awareness of that is going to make it look a lot like "surprise and volatile".
Using that reasoning who hasn't screwed the pooch?

I think Robyn put the story out to something controversial.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom