Professor Palin now has a faction at Abel Labs in Arque

I guess this is for the next phase of Enclave.
He is listed on both the Mission & Passenger Boards. Currently with no Missions.

I suspect we will need to do missions so he can take over the system & we will be rewarded with a new Engineering Base.

... or they hid the Engineer factions based upon them only appearing in Engineer workshops, but as he currently has a m/s he's appearing.

Well, that's what I said on the last few threads that 'discovered' this (also happening in Maia) ;)

... or they hid the Engineer factions based upon them only appearing in Engineer workshops, but as he currently has a m/s he's appearing.
Is he generating a jurisdiction at the megaship? Non-dockable megaships usually just inherit the system jurisdiction, so it would be very unusual if so.

Conversely, the rest of the engineers own dockable bases and generate jurisdictions at them without needing to be an influence-holding or mission-board faction.

50:50 at this stage that Frontier are planning something unique for Palin or that they accidentally nudged the "influence-holding" checkbox when moving him to Arque.

Is he generating a jurisdiction at the megaship? Non-dockable megaships usually just inherit the system jurisdiction, so it would be very unusual if so.
His faction was appearing in Maia before (when he got the m/s), so I was assuming. I could well be wrong, but when the m/s then jumped to Arque and the Palin faction appeared ... seemed like a theory 🤷‍♀️

dxm55

Banned
Is Abel Labs a station or on the surface of a planet?
I'm still dancing with Broo. No time to check Palin out.

I had suggested some time ago that we should be able to gain rep with engineers the same way we do with factions, and that we can run missions for them and maybe even boost them to control status over the system. That would be a worthwhile endeavor. Sign me up.

dxm55

Banned
I had suggested some time ago that we should be able to gain rep with engineers the same way we do with factions, and that we can run missions for them and maybe even boost them to control status over the system. That would be a worthwhile endeavor. Sign me up.

Interesting idea.
Especially for bypassing useless riff-raff like Liz Ryder, just to get to Hera Tani or Broo Tarquin.

Would be much better than wasting mats modding stuff that you don't actually need.

Does this mean we can use his megaship for engineering, or do we still need to go out to Colonia for G5 Thrusters?
I went there yesterday assuming I could, but found no docking on Carson Spring or at the lab on the surface where his faction is present but has no missions.

Turned around and went elsewhere to add my experimental effects.

Top Bottom