Proposal Discussion: Things that could help player groups identify a possible bot attack

This to me highlights the issue I, and I'm sure others, have with the wider discussion about bot prevention. One can be a player in a game, or a referee. You can't be both- something about conflicts of interest.
Just stop it - there's no proof of bots being available, there's no proof of the imaginary bots being used on even a small scale, but there's plenty of evidence of confirmation bias amongst 'anti-botters' based off of their 'we're losing so it has to be bots' mentality

Simply pointing out these ideas here to illuminate a serious issue on the community side: being the referee is a major part of the strategy of the people behind these proposals.

Let's call it what it is: corruption.

Simply pointing out these ideas here to illuminate a serious issue on the community side: being the referee is a major part of the strategy of the people behind these proposals.

Let's call it what it is: corruption.

I don't honestly see the point to this- its a case of educating people to know the signs of possible automation attacks, and reporting it in a way that is useful to FD to look at. FD will always be the judge, and I can't shake the feeling anything player led will become a breeding ground for recrimination and bitterness between those who are accused, do not sign up etc.

This wouldn't really do anything to make bots easier to detect, but it would screw with small groups and solo CMDRs punching up against bigger groups by being sneaky. A big part of guerrilla BGS in this game is the fact that, if done properly, you can hit somewhere without them noticing until it's too late, or bait them into overcommitting their forces to a system you're not actually attacking.

All this fancy extra data and metrics would be great for bigger groups that wanted to squash such activities with weight of numbers. Personally I like the fact that my opponents have no idea whether I cleared twenty CZs back to back or just dropped a single bond.

What is this? I've never heard of it before. Is it a pc thing (I'm currently on ps4)?

I'm just assuming but it sounds like CMDRs are giving commands to AI controlled ships to mess with BGS? what? I mean, if this is the case that's crazy. Attacking BGS in Solo is already bad enough, at least when ppl are targeting a specific squadron in a vindictive way.

Top Bottom