Proposal for DDF members to meet in the Real World

I tried to suggest this on the KS comments page but it disappeared off the bottom of the page almost before I'd finished typing, so I'll try again here.

I don't know if anybody has done tihs yet and if they have then my apologies and I'll shut up about it.

I'm suggesting that those of us that can should try to get together in person at some point during the forum's work.

I have no agenda at this point beyond simply meeting and greeting our fellow DDF members, and perhaps a bit of chin-wag about the game - could even be formalised by the presence of FD in an official capacity.

I'm aware that this will create logistical difficulties for some, but what do folks think?

I'm suggesting that those of us that can should try to get together in person at some point during the forum's work.

We're all spread out across the country. Might be fun to arrange a London DDF night out though, as there are probably enough working in the central London area to make that worthwhile. I'm working right opposite St. James's Park tube station if anyone wants to meet up! Doesn't have to be DDF either, although my near-godlike powers might overwhelm mere mortals in my presence.

Well, I'm in Australia...although I'll be passing through the UK in July.

If only there were some sort of online space where we could meet up to talk shop... (perhaps somewhere in the founders' system?)

I live in Gibraltar and it take a lot to pull me away from the decent Mediterranean weather :D

Well, I'm in Australia...although I'll be passing through the UK in July.

If only there were some sort of online space where we could meet up to talk shop... (perhaps somewhere in the founders' system?)

Don't you mean the private backer's forum?

Last edited:
Don't you mean the private backer's forum?

For a forum medium, then yes, the DDF has a forum in the name. I was talking about more real-time communication. Particularly once we have walking around space stations, it only makes sense for people to meet up in a space station.

For a forum medium, then yes, the DDF has a forum in the name. I was talking about more real-time communication. Particularly once we have walking around space stations, it only makes sense for people to meet up in a space station.

Oh your the design decision pledge guys oops thought this was a general meet up :)

Loved the original Elite, looking forward to this redux and hoping to meet you all in the DDF virtual space.

I am certain that this investment will not be in vain. :cool:

I am up for this, in live in the north west of England.

No reason why someone couldn't setup a teamspeak server for ddf peps ;) I could sort it, if need be.

It'll probably be pretty hard to get a real-world face to face meet for the DDF group, but still, I think the ability to chat (voice coms) etc would be handy to discuss some of the things that'll be coming our way.

Maybe something as simple as a TeamSpeak channel would suffice? (as mentioned above ;) )

It would be good if, once the forum's up and running, we could all pin our locations on a map, and see if there's enough of a concentration in a given area to organise local DDF pub meet-ups.

Would also love it if we could twist FD's arm into providing in-game council chambers on the space-stations.

I am up for this, in live in the north west of England.

No reason why someone couldn't setup a teamspeak server for ddf peps ;) I could sort it, if need be.

Please excuse my ignorance - used to be in I.T. but not for many years now and not really up to speed on recent techs. Teamspeak?

Top Bottom