COMPLETED CG Protect Azimuth Deliveries from Anarchists (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Beware, there is a high CZ at 300,000 distance. Thats for the other conflict in the system (Crimson Public Inc vs Justice Party).

It is a bit of a shame they're just giving the same modified plasma charger. After all, if the trade CG succeeds, they can get that on their own!

Now if it were a C3 modified plasma charger, that'd be pretty interesting! At least for the 25% reward. People would really fight over that!
yea but Your still going to have to go collect mats even if you get the permits...It still means doimg the trip to and back to get mats and do the boring SRV driving...

So these Guardian plasma weapons, are they any good against human ships, or are they basically AX weapons? How do they compare to traditional plasma weapons?

So these Guardian plasma weapons, are they any good against human ships, or are they basically AX weapons? How do they compare to traditional plasma weapons?
Depends on your play style...
If you hate the slow Original plasma size 2 projectile speeds these absolute damage virtual rail guns wiith their over 6KM a sec travel time are way better for human ships....
But if you never use size 2 PA at all then SAW rail guns won't be any good for you Vs human and you stick with Frag cannon kill boats....

Depends on your play style...
If you hate the slow Original plasma size 2 projectile speeds these absolute damage virtual rail guns wiith their over 6KM a sec travel time are way better for human ships....
But if you never use size 2 PA at all then SAW rail guns won't be any good for you Vs human and you stick with Frag cannon kill boats....
How does DPS compare?

If you never miss a single shot damage is lower... but then can you do that with a Slower travel time of normal PAs Vs the near rail gun use of SAW build..
The other aspect is which is more fun, and Guardian plasmas look to be more "fun" from what I've seen in videos. I've never used them myself, as I have no interest in the gameplay required to unlock them. A combat CG, on the other hand..

The other aspect is which is more fun, and Guardian plasmas look to be more "fun" from what I've seen in videos. I've never used them myself, as I have no interest in the gameplay required to unlock them. A combat CG, on the other hand..
Yea over normal PAs they are more "fun" for "Me " but some people like being able to predetermine where the target will be but I hate normal PAs and use rails instead...
These cross over, instead and don't act like "true" plasma and are more rail like... Hold to charge keep holding then release to fire...

Top 25%~ 6,396,135 to 10,275,565Unknown
Top 50%~ 2,674,981 to 6,396,134Unknown
Top 75%~ 1,477,554 to 2,674,980Unknown
First days hand in values are still way low for getting them once the CG passes tier 1..

I don't like these newer Medium CZ they now have new for medium CZ sub missions...(n)
Where's the Spec ops gone...;)
1667589641690.png

These are over so quick with out rival spec ops...

Yea over normal PAs they are more "fun" for "Me " but some people like being able to predetermine where the target will be but I hate normal PAs and use rails instead...
These cross over, instead and don't act like "true" plasma and are more rail like... Hold to charge keep holding then release to fire...
Main difference in chargers and railguns is you can better control when it fires. While with rail you hold fire button and then it fires automatically ( which i always hated) with chargers you charge your shot ani release when you want, which makes it much more precise.

how is the ai at firing these sorts of weapons? I was thinking of speccibg some of my larger ships with something like these and let the ai fire them when I am in my SLF. thanks.

the guardian plasma method of fire and that it damages npc/ regular ships is the reason I use them at all
I like the rails, prefer the hammer as you do not have to prime it to use it after it has been fired
the charge time is miniscule compared to plasma
regular plasma and the pp plasma I dislike, they are weaker than rails imo by my tests for my style
the fire method is ok but bites as all it does is add more time loss to a slow weapon, partial loads don't really exist so time is real important to all parts of plasma

but the guardian plasma, you can rapid fire weaker shots like crazy, or hold it in(let it build up) for the big damage shots
having a choice is nice so I use these.
I have a few cutters using them

I am going to wish I did this cg, but I dislike doing cg's.
have many decals, paint, etc.. to remind me how much effort they take.

p.s.
I don't fight Thargoids, so far anyway.
only npc or human ships
so it is more a fun and useful weapon I can and do use.
but I use hammers and beams more than anything else for rapid destruction which I do a lot of.

Last edited:
the guardian plasma method of fire and that it damages npc/ regular ships is the reason I use them at all
I like the rails, prefer the hammer as you do not have to prime it to use it after it has been fired
the charge time is miniscule compared to plasma
regular plasma and the pp plasma I dislike, they are weaker than rails imo by my tests for my style
the fire method is ok but bites as all it does is add more time loss to a slow weapon, partial loads don't really exist so time is real important to all parts of plasma

but the guardian plasma, you can rapid fire weaker shots like crazy, or hold it in(let it build up) for the big damage shots
having a choice is nice so I use these.
I have a few cutters using them

I am going to wish I did this cg, but I dislike doing cg's.
have many decals, paint, etc.. to remind me how much effort they take.

p.s.
I don't fight Thargoids, so far anyway.
only npc or human ships
so it is more a fun and useful weapon I can and do use.
but I use hammers and beams more than anything else for rapid destruction which I do a lot of.
Wait, Hammer doesnt require to be charged like normal railguns? ( You press and hold button and it fires with second and half delay)

I have those but i never actually used them. I discarded rails when i got salvation chargers and i got Hammer after so i didnt even tested it

Wait, Hammer doesnt require to be charged like normal railguns? ( You press and hold button and it fires with second and half delay)

I have those but i never actually used them. I discarded rails when i got salvation chargers and i got Hammer after so i didnt even tested it
the prime aka charge up is used by both type of rail

the normal rail you press fire, it charges and shoots, that's it if you kept the trigger pressed
you have to release the trigger and press fire+hold again to shoot

the hammer, you press fire+hold, it charges up and fires, charges and fires, etc...

the difference is huge IMO

the actual damage diff is not that huge for rail and hammer
the thing that makes the hammer more powerful mostly is the way it fires.

both rail types can be fired even faster by various methods, but again the hammer is easier to make it fire faster.

having to remember to release and re-press means your finger or your mind can cause delays
making it less powerful in actual use.
provided macros are not being used to make either rail type faster and auto fire

CG01.jpg

Waiting for my combat ships to be delivered. I left my carrier out in deep space, so I'm playing the Bubble old-school. Open in 3.8 is completely empty right now, but that may change later today.

My Mamba has a bounty on it, so it looks like I'll be taking my Cobra into the CZs. That should keep things interesting at least!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom