PS4 changed settings?

I logged in for a quick hour today and as I'm about to dock (pad 14 iirc) I see a ship on the pad I was allocated!
I reduced my throttle and waited 2-3 mins but the ship didn't leave, so I cancelled docking, left the station and asked for docking permission again, this time I was given pad 44 (iirc) and I landed okay but my screen broke up with glitches after landing and the connection was dropped.

I reloaded the game, logged in, selected a mission and undocked but.. uhh, hold on? that's not right!?!?

Suddenly I was struggling to control my ship, my thrusters didn't work and I just about managed to get out of the docking bay before the time expired, but I slid out kind of sideways with sparks flying as I grated against the cow catcher.

For some reason it seems my controls have been changed or reset to default as I had docking down so easily but after the reconnection I can barely fly the same ship.

is there a known bug that resets or changes your controls?

Last edited:
Do you close the application after you've logged off, and shut down your PS4 properly?

If you put your PS4 into rest mode, and don't exit the Elite Dangerous application properly (ie log out to game menu, then hit home button, then rest PS4) , then the game can continue to run, sort of, and when you log back it tries to catch up and can smash your ship into the side of a station and other weird things

Could be that?

Yes, I always log out, then close the game when I'm done. heck I even take the disc out and put it back in its box.
Even when I know I'm going to play the following day.

Yes, I always log out, then close the game when I'm done. heck I even take the disc out and put it back in its box.
Even when I know I'm going to play the following day.

Ah fair enough, then all i can think of is check the controller settings in options

You don't have a HOTAS plugged in do you?

I know controller settings will reset if you crash and it gives you an error in the elite dangerous loading screens. But loggin back in would have alerted you to that.

I did report the bug of someone else occupying your landing pad when approaching to land. I was on auto-pilot and just sat on top of him.

dfPj5Ha.jpg

haven't done one regarding ship thrusters

Last edited:
Were you using the DC, it's not always perfect, I've had it run head first into the station missing the portal by several hundred km's. Did you accidently disengage FA, did you accidently swith off auto rotation. All or part of will cause that same issue. Most don't know you can shut off the DC from the module section. Though I have one, I only utilize it on outpost. Locating and finding the dock can be a problem if I'm in a hurry. But off for normal and planetary dockings.

If none of those, like others have stated, close the game properly, reboot the ps4 properly. Generally fixs most issues, until the next time anyway.

Top Bottom