PS4 Fresh Galaxy/Unexplored?

unless you're going in a straight line to a landmark, obviously that's all discovered.

Quoted for truth!

If you simply auto-route-plot a course from the bubble to one nebula, to the next nebula, to major black holes, etc, etc then the chances are that you won't hit any undiscovered worlds. This is because these are the same routes that everyone else has taken.

[video=youtube_share;TBD7txMVbxs]https://youtu.be/TBD7txMVbxs[/video]

It's easy to get fooled into thinking that everything's already been discovered. It really REALLY hasn't. Only a tiny TINY fraction of the galaxy has been explored.

If you're making a trip out to a nebula or something then start your trip by picking a random direction away from all the obvious stuff. Head out for around 200LY and then turn towards your tourist detination. You should find (unless you're unlucky) that you will be able to claim many new undiscovered worlds along the way.

OK, apparently, a pc player, a xbox player and a ps4'er all have to be online regardless of mode; I get that. What I find interesting is: Though the three platforms can not actualy interact with one another, their actions are recorded and any resulting effects, effects the whole.

Question:
Though the odds are astronomicaly against the possibility of a player in or on one platform being at the exact same location at the same exact time on a different platform. What happens when an xbox player park at the exact station on the same exact pad as an pc or ps4 player? Or, what does a player on one platform see, when a player on a different platform happens to in the process of lets say an interdiction be passing by?

From what I've read, it's still possible to find unexplored systems pretty close by. It's hard, because most of them have been discovered, but in a dense three-dimensional space, it's possible to miss a system or two. I'd love to discover a "real" system, one from the stellar catalogues. I think there's only 130,000 +/- of those? I'm not sure where I got that number from. Still, a few may have fallen through the cracks.

I've found whole systems undiscovered and never been more than 1000LY from Sol so they're still around (mainly towards the tail on our spiral arm)

OK, apparently, a pc player, a xbox player and a ps4'er all have to be online regardless of mode; I get that. What I find interesting is: Though the three platforms can not actualy interact with one another, their actions are recorded and any resulting effects, effects the whole.

Question:
Though the odds are astronomicaly against the possibility of a player in or on one platform being at the exact same location at the same exact time on a different platform. What happens when an xbox player park at the exact station on the same exact pad as an pc or ps4 player? Or, what does a player on one platform see, when a player on a different platform happens to in the process of lets say an interdiction be passing by?

Each platform is in their in your own shard.
prices and availability are linked, so if a ps4 plays looks at the commodities list at a certain station and sees 500 tons of an item, and then an Xbox player buys 50 tons of it, then the PC and the PS4 player sees 450 tons when they look again.

Last edited:

Question:

Players on different platforms will never directly interact, so even if a PC player, an Xbox player and a PS4 player are all in exactly the same spot at the same time, they would never know. Heck, due to instancing it's possible for two players on the same platform to be same place, same time and not know it.

Question:

Nothing in your instance.
Information is exchanged with the Transaction-Server but it does not affect your instance at that very moment.
You are (if you like to think so) in a kind of parallel reality. What you do is happening in your reality, not affecting other reality in realtime. Later all get the data of your reality through the TAS.

Last edited:
Nothing in your instance.
Information is exchanged with the Transaction-Server but it does not affect your instance at that very moment.
You are (if you like to think so) in a kind of parallel reality. What you do is happening in your reality, not affecting other reality in realtime. Later all get the data your reality produced.

So it's a quantum thing.

Question:

A PC player, an XBOX player and a PS4 player walk into a bar.

Looks like I'm the first one here says the PC player ... bag of dry roast peanuts please!

Looks like I'm the first one here says the XBOX player ... huh, how come the peanuts have sold out?

Looks like I'm the first one here says the PS4 player... huh, how come the peanuts have sold out?

Seriously tho ... firstly, unlike what we were told with No Man's Sky, in Elite with it's community goals, core trade systems and tourism hotspots, and where everyone starts out in the occupied "bubble" of systems, the chances of two players being in the same system can actually be quite likely. Irrespective of what platform they're on, they'll see the same BGS (background simulation) data (trade info, system states, dry roast peanut stocks, etc), which are fetched and stored in a centralised data server. However, in terms of actually seeing other ships (on the radar and/or physically flying around in front of you) - since this is handled by peer-to-peer networking (i.e. if I'm dogfighting another player our two PC's will be talking directly to each other across the internet to share ship position, direction, flight vector info, etc), players will only get "instanced" with (i.e. actually encounter) other players who are on the same gaming platform (because, currently, PC game clients won't talk to XBOX game clients won't talk to PS4 game clients).

Last edited:
A PC player, an XBOX player and a PS4 player walk into a bar.

Looks like I'm the first one here says the PC player ... bag of dry roast peanuts please!

Looks like I'm the first one here says the XBOX player ... huh, how come the peanuts have sold out?

Looks like I'm the first one here says the PS4 player... huh, how come the peanuts have sold out?

Seriously tho ... firstly, unlike what we were told with No Man's Sky, in Elite with it's community goals, core trade systems and tourism hotspots, and where everyone starts out in the occupied "bubble" of systems, the chances of two players being in the same system can actually be quite likely. Irrespective of what platform they're on, they'll see the same BGS (background simulation) data (trade info, system states, dry roast peanut stocks, etc), which are fetched and stored in a centralised data server. However, in terms of actually seeing other ships (on the radar and/or physically flying around in front of you) - since this is handled by peer-to-peer networking (i.e. if I'm dogfighting another player our two PC's will be talking directly to each other across the internet to share ship position, direction, flight vector info, etc), players will only get "instanced" with (i.e. actually encounter) other players who are on the same gaming platform (because, currently, PC game clients won't talk to XBOX game clients won't talk to PS4 game clients).

Recon that's why NMS will never be multiplayer. Writing an algorithium for one galaxy had to be rather difficult, writinging one to include the entire universe, seemingly impossible.

All players on every platform share and influence the same galaxy, but play separately per platform. For example PC players cannot see or join PlayStation players, but both affect the same galaxy.

Newcomers should check the Elite Dangerous Wiki. It has a lot of useful information.

Last edited:
Top Bottom