PS4 GAME Purchases

Hi! It's good to be here, I'm basically new to the game and I love every moment I spent on it. The thing is I'm having doubts when purchasing ARX. I purchased and downloaded the digital game on PSN US account "R1" and I'm currently playing the game on my second PSN account which is a Singapore account "R3" (Where Elite Dangerous is not available on store) These accounts is on 1 PS4 unit only.

My question is, if I bought an ARX through my US account would this somehow still be directly transferred even I'm playing it on the PSN Singapore account? By the way, I'm using my email on PSN US account to login in the game.

I feel like the answer here is do everything via the US account.

It's not something I've dealt with and someone who has done something like your setup will hopefully see this, but it seems like trying to make purchases via an account where the game isn't marketed is going to lead to something perhaps not working properly.

I've also heard buying Arx from the PSN store is a more reliable way of doing this as opposed to doing it in game. Again, I'm sure someone else could confirm this

All DLC is region locked and has been since PS2...
Content will NOT transfer regions... and never has... For ONLINE titles DLC is account progress locked, the DLC is NOT on PSN store, the DLC is on a WEB SITE server you access via in game via the single PSN ACCOUNT on the game...

To use DLC in Elite Dangerous you are required to use the FDEV account and play on the PSN account you purchase ARX on... this Fdev account is linked to a single PSN ID...

USA accounts for ARX = USA Game for DLC = Play on the USA PSN account to use the DLC...

You can not buy Arx in regions were the game was never released as the PSN stores for those regions wont have DLC ARX on the store just like the digital title is not licensed to the PSN store... Aka Japan PSN does not have the game or DLC arx options...

Last edited:
All DLC is region locked and has been since PS2...
Content will NOT transfer regions... and never has... For ONLINE titles DLC is account progress locked, the DLC is NOT on PSN store, the DLC is on a WEB SITE server you access via in game via the single PSN ACCOUNT on the game...

To use DLC in Elite Dangerous you are required to use the FDEV account and play on the PSN account you purchase ARX on... this Fdev account is linked to a single PSN ID...

USA accounts for ARX = USA Game for DLC = Play on the USA PSN account to use the DLC...

You can not buy Arx in regions were the game was never released as the PSN stores for those regions wont have DLC ARX on the store just like the digital title is not licensed to the PSN store... Aka Japan PSN does not have the game or DLC arx options...

So basically if I bought an ARX it will still be directed to my progress since the game itself is locked on my US PSN account? I'm playing Elite Dangerous on my PSN Singapore Account.

So basically if I bought an ARX it will still be directed to my progress since the game itself is locked on my US PSN account? I'm playing Elite Dangerous on my PSN Singapore Account.
All DLC on USA game can only be used buy USA region account..
You can not use DLC on any other account... as you got a USA game...
USA game = DLC USA account...
UK Game = DLC UK account...
South America Game = DLC south America account...

Because you got a USA game the only accounts usable with DLC is USA/canada accounts...
PSN Singapore Account can not use any DLC on Elite Dangerous...

Only way to get DLC is to play on USA account. No progress from PSN Singapore Account can be transfered..
Unlinking accounts will Wipe all progress...

Last edited:
All DLC on USA game can only be used buy USA region account..
You can not use DLC on any other account... as you got a USA game...
USA game = DLC USA account...
UK Game = DLC UK account...
South America Game = DLC south America account...

Because you got a USA game the only accounts usable with DLC is USA/canada accounts...
PSN Singapore Account can not use any DLC on Elite Dangerous...

Only way to get DLC is to play on USA account. No progress from PSN Singapore Account can be transfered..
Unlinking accounts will Wipe all progress...

I get it now, very well explained. Unfortunately, I need to start from scratch again. Thanks CMDR! o7

Top Bottom