PSA re: Damaged Station Defenses

Appears they are still operational. Did some science with a friend.

If you shoot in the no fire zone, you get a fine only. No hostile action.
Shoot the station, get shot by the station and NPCs.
Shoot a clean Commander, get shot by the station and the NPCs.
Shoot a Wanted Commander in the no fire zone, get a fine. No hostile action towards you.
I am assuming PowerPlay allegiance means nothing because no Powers control these stations.

Station appears to have thermal cascade weapons. Got spiked to 130% in an instant! I'm assuming the Rescue Ships have similar defenses and reactions.

Conclusions?

Rescue ships and damaged stations should be pretty safe in Open Play. Of course you'll need to be careful on the approach in Supercruise and during the short Supercruise distance between the stations and rescue ships. Beware of long range weapons that can hit you hard and give the attacker time to escape the no fire zone (missiles, torpedoes). Oracle was far and away the busiest station of the three.

I'm not responsible for anyone getting destroyed trying to replicate my results. :p

Last edited:
We are suppose to fly in and rescue passengers using passenger cabins, right?
Take them to the rescue station just beside it......supercruise away

At least that is what I'm doing.....its exciting and fun......definitely a OMG the first time tho in my passenger ship but never did a thought of combat enter my head once I dropped in. I mean I get ppl may want to camp and grief others but its definitely on lock down and tight security.

Last edited:
Passenger cabins? Pfft.

Cargo racks are good enough for the slaves, so they should be good enough for the refugees lol.

If I was on a flaming space station, I wouldn't be too picky about my ride out of there.

Passenger cabins? Pfft.

Cargo racks are good enough for the slaves, so they should be good enough for the refugees lol.

If I was on a flaming space station, I wouldn't be too picky about my ride out of there.

The lack of life support may be an issue. I suppose they could hold their breath...

Top Bottom