PSA - THIS is why AX Pilots ALWAYS use gauss cannons

Have you heard of Ad Hominem logical fallacy? Case and point everyone. Can't refute the argument so he makes fun of him
I'm making fun of his argument, not him personally or his motivations for said argument. So not Ad Hominem attack. Not a very good case and point at all here.

How about we don't attack content creators, and if you don't want to watch videos - then don't. Would that be a reasonable compromise?

You win, I'm getting off your lawl lol.

you lost long ago when you started with ad hominem, which you did pretty soon since you have not contributed a single rational argument to the thread, it's all entitled and emotional rambling (people have poor attitude because you don't agree with their opinion, znôrt is a boomer, etc) or nonsense (you have no interest in ax but op's video is spot on).

don't listen to a boomer, just do yourself a favor: just reread calmly your contributions in this thread and realize nobody is sending you off of their lawn. on the contrary, people have been pretty condescending by answering to your ramblings.

Honestly I find the concept of ax damage a bit arcadey. I wish regular weapon ineffectiveness was only a matter of hardness and AX weapons were just overkill on human ships, doing moderate damage with insane penetration. But, it is what it is and we have it now!
That it is. While I don't conceptually like the idea of organic things having a lot of armour, meta-alloys nonwhitstanding, the ridiculous overkill piercing value for AX weapons sounds like another workable straightforward solution. I too would like it if all the weapons could reasonably harm the Thargoids, but AX weapons having some kind of edge. The kind of model I dreamt about when the AX weapons for 'Goids were announced, was the bugs just having some insane regeneration that the AX weapons could shut down a bit.

It has occurred to me that they may have nerfed the PC so that it wouldn't be too OP against Human targets, but they grossly overdid it if that's the case. Its very disappointing against the NPCs.

That's a gib though. Wont work (solo) on anything above clops and overall I wish FDev would fix that.

Why? It was a clean kill. No premium ammo. No advanced missiles (which i do find it an oddity since it breaks the 4 ax weapon limit) either
It's like saying that we have to kill npc by getting their hulls to zero instead of blowing their pp off 🤷‍♂️
I got through 2 hearts. The timing of the shots was quite spot on - but there is a lot of room for improvement.
And i'm well aware that it doesnt work on the anything bigger than the Cyclops, but it does not make it less entertaining.
Gaussing gets tedious and extremely repetitive after a while.

If they really wanted to have people go through each and every heart, they could have implemented fixed hitpoint stops (no damage below the threshold established by each heart) instead having them regen health at various rates (purposely slow on Cyclops)

Content creators create content. The clue is in the name.

I googled that one too ("AX content creator"). This one came up and I'm more confused than ever. Help!!!1!!11!!

proton-tiara-a-k-a-citroen-ax-re.jpg

Gibbing in AXI terms is defined as any kill where you kill the interceptor before all hearts are down.

If they really wanted to have people go through each and every heart, they could have implemented fixed hitpoint stops (no damage below the threshold established by each heart) instead having them regen health at various rates (purposely slow on Cyclops)
I think I’ll reserve judgement on what FDev really want to do until they give a statement to that effect. There are just a number of bugs that have gone unfixed for ages. I even remember someone after the SLF mining exploit was ”fixed” according to patch notes and someone even suggested it was ok since it was still working and FDev had said in the patch notes that it was fixed. Just because the game works in a particular way it does not necessarily imply intent on FDev’s part.

What I do know is that gibs are generally not allowed on AXI speed boards and that I personaly find it a bit cheesy. You do you though.

Fastest non-gib cyclops on record is Mechan’s 59s in a Krait mk2. It is beautiful to watch.

Top Bottom