Psst... wanna see colliding planets?

Tomorrow, 23rd June 3307, at 15:30:18, there will be a pair of colliding planets in the KOI 413 system ,the pair of gas giants are known to have bugged orbits, and are colloquially known as rubarb and custard, and often have near misses or glancing blows, but tomorrow should be a spectacular showing as it is calculated to be a full head on collision. It isn't a blink and you'll miss it event, so it's worth checking out even if you can't be there at that exact time. Enjoy!

Tomorrow, 23rd June 3307, at 15:30:18, there will be a pair of colliding planets in the KOI 413 system ,the pair of gas giants are known to have bugged orbits, and are colloquially known as rubarb and custard, and often have near misses or glancing blows, but tomorrow should be a spectacular showing as it is calculated to be a full head on collision. It isn't a blink and you'll miss it event, so it's worth checking out even if you can't be there at that exact time. Enjoy!
I just shared this with multiple chat groups on psn. People should definitely check this out in case Odyssey kills event like this off FOREVER

If they where expected to do anything other than just clip through each other, I would probably be running to my ship (now I have legs to do so), think I'll just stare at the bar keeper until I get my damn drink, instead.
Thats gonna be a long wait. :D

If 4000 LY is more or less accurate distance from the bubble, at a rough estimate of 4 minutes per jump. i could get my sidey there in a little under 9 hours

If it wasn't for this pesky day job...

Use spansh plot a neutron star path and get there in 1.5 hours instead. 🤷‍♂️
assuming enough neutrons along the route and using up my jumponiums where there arent could get me down to lets call it half. I could probably also hitch a ride on someones FC.

It isn't that i couldn't do 9 hrs. wouldn't be the first crazy thing i've done (19 hour SC flight between 2 systems?) and its almost tempting. Its the actual timing that doesn't work.

Funny thing is, if it happened on Thursday this weel, i actually have the day off and could go and watch.

So like, if ya'll could just hold them apart for a day? That'd be like...swell.

assuming enough neutrons along the route and using up my jumponiums where there arent could get me down to lets call it half. I could probably also hitch a ride on someones FC.

It isn't that i couldn't do 9 hrs. wouldn't be the first crazy thing i've done (19 hour SC flight between 2 systems?) and its almost tempting. Its the actual timing that doesn't work.

Funny thing is, if it happened on Thursday this weel, i actually have the day off and could go and watch.

So like, if ya'll could just hold them apart for a day? That'd be like...swell.
You don't synth for a neutron boost, I'm confused. Self imposed obstacles are an FDev staple though so you might be on to something

Top Bottom