Purpose of security signs/cameras?

Do they actually do anything, or are they just for decoration? They're under the facilities tab like they serve a purpose, but I've never noticed any differences between when I use them vs when I don't

They do serve a purpose :) When you have a security staff member, the cameras help them to identify/catch vandals and thiefs. It increases the area which they can observe, which is shown when you open the heatmap and select security and crime - both the security guard and the cameras have a blue circle showing their radius.
The "don't feed"-sign prevents guests from throwing actual food into the habitats and the "keep quiet"-sign tells them exactly that, so animals get less stressed.

They allow the security guard(s) to notice and catch pickpockets. They also prevent vanalism. In the zoo information, you can see how many instances of vandalism occurred, how many people were victims of pickpockets, how many pickpockets were chased and caught. If you don’t install security cameras to basically cover all areas with guests (particularly crowded areas), these numbers are high. With cameras, you get only a few or none (the actual numbers obviously depend on the total number of your guests). Guest really hate to see vandalized objects or get pickpocketed (does this verb exist?) and their happiness will suffer.

There is a heatmap for security coverage,

There are rewards and bonuses for security as well so they are worth having. Always worth keeping an eye out for broken benches and tables even if you have a lot of security.

Top Bottom