PWS Scanner - Does it really work?

By the way, I've just started prospecting 'droids that break apart in the asteroid clusters. Maybe I was lucky, but found one of the large ones glowed bright yellow in the cluster I chose. It contained profitable material inside, you know those long names ending in ite. I ignored the smaller one glowing less brightly. If this statistic is followed throughout the galaxy, there will be 1 per cluster. It might save you hunting in rings, or make a nice change of venue sometimes.

EDit: More realistically, one per belt !

Last edited:
The PWS does not identify core asteroids, but asteroids that have a high yield/percentage mineral content. It doesn't say whether that is coltan or low temperature diamonds. So core asteroid will be bright, but so will a lot of potentially worthless asteroids - unless you want that low value stuff for missions. I like to look for fissures, and try to remember the shape, but for me it's easier to recognize which ones aren't core asteroids, because the core asteroids look like one of the regular ones. I'll need to look for that red/green appearance next time.

That's my main issue with the Gold Rock Scanner. They will give you bertrandite, uraninte, etc in huge quantities... :(

By the way, I've just started prospecting 'droids that break apart in the asteroid clusters. Maybe I was lucky, but found one of the large ones glowed bright yellow in the cluster I chose. It contained profitable material inside, you know those long names ending in ite. I ignored the smaller one glowing less brightly. If this statistic is followed throughout the galaxy, there will be 1 per cluster. It might save you hunting in rings, or make a nice change of venue sometimes.

EDit: More realistically, one per belt !

Loot boxes.

Top Bottom