Python mk2 AX Conflict Zone build and gameplay [4K VR]

So … Mod Plasmas for exerting hearts and then the 3 AX Multis for destroying them? Requires a scan to target hearts, I assume?

Interesting no Caustic Sink launchers but has got me thinking …

What about … 2x Mod Plasmas + 2x Mod Shards for scan-less Interceptor kills and then 2x AX Multis for dealing with scouts … for utilities, could equip 2x Caustic Sinks, 3x Heat Sinks plus the SDFN …

So … Mod Plasmas for exerting hearts and then the 3 AX Multis for destroying them? Requires a scan to target hearts, I assume?

Interesting no Caustic Sink launchers but has got me thinking …

What about … 2x Mod Plasmas + 2x Mod Shards for scan-less Interceptor kills and then 2x AX Multis for dealing with scouts … for utilities, could equip 2x Caustic Sinks, 3x Heat Sinks plus the SDFN …
Yea sounds good. There's definitely room to adapt and evolve the build beyond what I came up with.

This is not bad to fight at outposts where you have only medium landing pads. If large one is available nothing beats Conda with 6 pre-eng shards. It can pop a Cyclop with one magazine blast.

This is not bad to fight at outposts where you have only medium landing pads. If large one is available nothing beats Conda with 6 pre-eng shards. It can pop a Cyclop with one magazine blast.
Amusingly, you can build a 6-shard Python2. It won't be able to sustain fire as well due to the distributor size, but it should be plenty able to instagib a Cyclops.

Whilst that is true, I much prefer flying a medium ship due to the agility, speed, and ability to cold orbit.

Interesting. I looked at a build in EDSY to compare with the FAS I'm using against Titans. If it had seemed good, I would have shelled out the ARX to try it. But with so few internal slots I couldn't get anywhere near the same hull strength and I think it would have been slower as well. The only advantage was two more utility slots, maybe for an extra heat sink and caustic launcher. On the whole, though, I think it would have been a more fragile ship.

Interesting. I looked at a build in EDSY to compare with the FAS I'm using against Titans. If it had seemed good, I would have shelled out the ARX to try it. But with so few internal slots I couldn't get anywhere near the same hull strength and I think it would have been slower as well. The only advantage was two more utility slots, maybe for an extra heat sink and caustic launcher. On the whole, though, I think it would have been a more fragile ship.
The Python Mk II is designed to be a shield tank primarily as far as I can tell, with the 6 utility slots and the comparatively small number of optional internal slots.

The Python Mk II is designed to be a shield tank primarily as far as I can tell, with the 6 utility slots and the comparatively small number of optional internal slots.
Yes, a size 6 slot implies that. I'm not sure what the experts do now, but I gave up using a shield in AX combat because it was up and down like a yoyo and there's far too much "shield breach attack" anyway.

Don't forget the extra hardpoints/DPS!

Very nice build. Although I'm not sure about the shields... I think shieldless is the way to go for AX combat.
I agree. The thing is, that ship really has no room for anything except a big shield. I think FD have made another AX ship as good as the T10.

Top Bottom