QoL Improvement for Power Starved Explorers

To get the best jump range possible, explorers often need to cycle through their ship's various modules and power them down or up one by one. What I suggest is that it be possible to save power setups indicating which modules should be on or off, with the ability to quickly switch between them like fire groups.
For example, if an explorer needs to land on a planet, they can simply press one button to switch on both their shields and vehicle hanger.

We have power priorities already.

But let us consider your request in detail. If my shields and planetary vehicle hangar are powered off, it is because I dont have enough power to run all my systems at once. Both shields and PVH are on the power hungry side. What would you propose that I shut off to have enough power for shields and the PVH? FSD and fuel scoop consume much less power than the shields. Weapons are already off. Only thing I can shut off are thrusters, sensors, life support, fsd, and fuel scoop. I dont know if I want to try landing without sensors or thrusters.

If you as an explorer need to get the most out of your powerplant then consider an overcharged powerplant. Of course you will give up heat efficiency.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
It fine the way it is right now. I heading to Sag A and I have no issues the way the game setup now. If I landing on planet a lot. I would just leave the stuff on. If I going to travel a lot. Ya I turn them off. It not hard to Look at the list and adjust what you need. It not going to take all day long to turn them off or on.

I think it's a great idea. Moreover, I think it's something that would naturally develop if people actually did have to deal with prioritizations like these every day. Yes, you can adjust the priorities, but this is WAY less tedious. And before anyone argues about immersion, real life people are lazy and would absolutely do exactly this

verminstar

Banned
Only really a thing fer more complex builds which might include weapons. Hangar and shield are only active when landing with cargo hatch disabled entirely as I don't have the ability to carry cargo. Really doesn't get much more complicated than that fer me. But fer some builds, it might be useful.

Top Bottom