First of all, gotta say how disappointing is JWE2, it was said to be the definite dino park sim, but, is just JPOG in steroids. Yes, we got the so promised aquatics, but they aren't finished, they just swim and attack? (and please don't come here to tell me BUT AQUATICS EAT AND THEY EAT SHARKS as well, they are unfinished as hell, rushed, just scenery), then we have the flyers, that for some reasons, most of em have bugged wings due to the "high effort anims" they have, which means, actually, copy pasted anims. You can count with one hand how many flyers have good looking wings when they land or eat. It's true that we also have a lot of dinosaurs and reptiles but quality is not equal to quantity sometimes. This game is rushed as hell and it feels more of a huge DLC to first game, rather than new one. So let's begin:
  1. There MUST be depth waters with glass fences for visitors to see animals that obviously spend a lot of time in water, like spinosaurids. Spinosaurids without swimming/diving mechanism feels like average croc-theropod and not very good looking when in the films or series we can see em swimming. Being the best example spino. All dinosaurs should be able to swim, and pterosaurs should have a mechanic to fish on depth waters. There should also be different types of water, like muddy, more wetlands looking, more clear, etc.
  2. Make pterosaurs able to land and walk, it's so stupid they only sit on rocks or sit on the feeder. They also should have MORE interactions with other dinosaurs, like perching on sauropods or RAPTORS (not just indo) hunting 'em. And tupa/tape MUST be herbivore, frugivore, due to this all flyers feel copies. If you want to keep it piscivore it's fine, BUT let it have anims to eat from trees/fruits. Dsunga should have at least a new feeder or alt feeder/anim, in the dialogue it's state they feed from shellfish, but oh surprise, fish eaters, this one can be fixed SO EASIY, just add the model of shellfish to the fish eater, and replace the fish they are eating for a crab. As for quetzal, please, don't screw it. If you wanna force all flyers being piscivore is fine, but let dsunga, tupa and dimo/quetzal prefer shellfish/fruits/meat (respectively) prefer it over fish.
  3. Aquatics: they seriously need HUGE QoL updates, like SOCIAL ANIMS, BREACHING (imagine ichthyosaurus like a dolphin), SHARK-like Hunting anims (imagine for example Tylo killing an ichthyo like a shark kills a seal) and BREATHING anims (only few have and for the HATCHERY RELEASE, they never breathe ingame). Talking about aquatics, i feel the pools MUST have some customizability so the pools feel more "cool" looking rather than straight boring, think of 'em like aquariums.
  4. Upgrade herbivores: with some exceptions, they are utter trash. They can BARELY defend themselves, LET ALONE FROM PACK HUNTING. Just increase it's stats, make 'em able to fight back more often. Sauropods MUST fight back, they are useless in terms of defense, they don't attack, they just IDLE waiting to be killed, or simply walk while the rex is killing 'em. Hadrosaurs should fight back, they are not THAT docile, let 'em kill anything with kicks or straight bites/pecks, they could probably rip raptor arms off with just a bite.
  5. More fences: you just brought invisible fences, then give us MORE fences, like wooden or small fences or even GLASS fences, sometimes the park feels more of a prison than a park.
  6. More decorations: it's funny how limited-wise the game is regarding decorations, there should be more, even if they are just recolors, just bring more diversity of decorations.
  7. Animations for some dinosaurs: I can understand you reuse animsets for different dinosaurs, but sometimes they just BREAK, take flyers as example, most of them have broken wings. It would be cool if some dinosaurs shared animsets regarding their family (with some edits OFC), for example, qianzhousaurus should use rex's instead of cerato. There's other things that i don't get why were made like the ALWAYS open-mouth carcha, the tail JIGGLE and other BAD anims spino has (like for real, i would prefer at this point if spino was just using indominus rex animations) and the DOWNGRADE herrerasaurus got from JWE1 to JWE2, now it's just a raptor clone, a bad one, or nasuto and sinoceratops with broken animations/rig (for real, i'd prefer it using TRIKE's ANIMS RATHER WHAT THEY GOT), the worst is THERE'S MORE EXAMPLES IN-GAME.
  8. Breeding: you alreayd stated "no-interested" in this, but remember, whole JP motto is "Life FINDS a way" and rn it only FINDS a way THROUGH the hatchery door YOU open.
  9. Social Animations: I'll just say, yes, they are good. But minimum there should be ten for each species, otherwise it feels the same over and over. Even if they share some social anims, i'd gladly take, at this point, one exclusive social interaction and the rest being clones of same family dinosaurs. Also make some species that share the SAME social anim to apply it, like interspecies relations, example: diplo-apato or trike-toro, just like Indominus-raptor social anim.
  10. Fix BROKEN skins of the dinosaurs: some dinosaurs, like huayango, spino or styraco have broken skins, with the last one having a COLOSSAL DOT IN THE TAIL, which is stupid.
  11. Allow cosmetics have more diversity: In JWE1, cosmetics and skins had VARIANTS, and they are NO LONGER present ingame, so, just let em have the skin system the default skins have. Also allow the skins (TLW-JP3 raptors for example) to appear on RANDOM SELECTION. Also JP3 Ptera MUST be a variant. And CC carno/Toro MUST be fixed, is just DEFAULT SKINS WITH DEFAULT pattern, where scars, where burn skin?
  12. Missing cosmetics: Dinosaur skins like JP1/93 Para, TLW mamenchi, TLW Para, TLW Ptera, TLW Trike, JW Baryonyx, JW Pachy, CC Spino, BaBR Allo, BaBR Male Nasuto MUST BE ADDED, and there's no EXCUSE, because you gave us CC Scorpio VARIANT despite being already DEFAULT skin.

First of all, gotta say how disappointing is JWE2, it was said to be the definite dino park sim, but, is just JPOG in steroids. Yes, we got the so promised aquatics, but they aren't finished, they just swim and attack? (and please don't come here to tell me BUT AQUATICS EAT AND THEY EAT SHARKS as well, they are unfinished as hell, rushed, just scenery), then we have the flyers, that for some reasons, most of em have bugged wings due to the "high effort anims" they have, which means, actually, copy pasted anims. You can count with one hand how many flyers have good looking wings when they land or eat. It's true that we also have a lot of dinosaurs and reptiles but quality is not equal to quantity sometimes. This game is rushed as hell and it feels more of a huge DLC to first game, rather than new one. So let's begin:
  1. There MUST be depth waters with glass fences for visitors to see animals that obviously spend a lot of time in water, like spinosaurids. Spinosaurids without swimming/diving mechanism feels like average croc-theropod and not very good looking when in the films or series we can see em swimming. Being the best example spino. All dinosaurs should be able to swim, and pterosaurs should have a mechanic to fish on depth waters. There should also be different types of water, like muddy, more wetlands looking, more clear, etc.
  2. Make pterosaurs able to land and walk, it's so stupid they only sit on rocks or sit on the feeder. They also should have MORE interactions with other dinosaurs, like perching on sauropods or RAPTORS (not just indo) hunting 'em. And tupa/tape MUST be herbivore, frugivore, due to this all flyers feel copies. If you want to keep it piscivore it's fine, BUT let it have anims to eat from trees/fruits. Dsunga should have at least a new feeder or alt feeder/anim, in the dialogue it's state they feed from shellfish, but oh surprise, fish eaters, this one can be fixed SO EASIY, just add the model of shellfish to the fish eater, and replace the fish they are eating for a crab. As for quetzal, please, don't screw it. If you wanna force all flyers being piscivore is fine, but let dsunga, tupa and dimo/quetzal prefer shellfish/fruits/meat (respectively) prefer it over fish.
  3. Aquatics: they seriously need HUGE QoL updates, like SOCIAL ANIMS, BREACHING (imagine ichthyosaurus like a dolphin), SHARK-like Hunting anims (imagine for example Tylo killing an ichthyo like a shark kills a seal) and BREATHING anims (only few have and for the HATCHERY RELEASE, they never breathe ingame). Talking about aquatics, i feel the pools MUST have some customizability so the pools feel more "cool" looking rather than straight boring, think of 'em like aquariums.
  4. Upgrade herbivores: with some exceptions, they are utter trash. They can BARELY defend themselves, LET ALONE FROM PACK HUNTING. Just increase it's stats, make 'em able to fight back more often. Sauropods MUST fight back, they are useless in terms of defense, they don't attack, they just IDLE waiting to be killed, or simply walk while the rex is killing 'em. Hadrosaurs should fight back, they are not THAT docile, let 'em kill anything with kicks or straight bites/pecks, they could probably rip raptor arms off with just a bite.
  5. More fences: you just brought invisible fences, then give us MORE fences, like wooden or small fences or even GLASS fences, sometimes the park feels more of a prison than a park.
  6. More decorations: it's funny how limited-wise the game is regarding decorations, there should be more, even if they are just recolors, just bring more diversity of decorations.
  7. Animations for some dinosaurs: I can understand you reuse animsets for different dinosaurs, but sometimes they just BREAK, take flyers as example, most of them have broken wings. It would be cool if some dinosaurs shared animsets regarding their family (with some edits OFC), for example, qianzhousaurus should use rex's instead of cerato. There's other things that i don't get why were made like the ALWAYS open-mouth carcha, the tail JIGGLE and other BAD anims spino has (like for real, i would prefer at this point if spino was just using indominus rex animations) and the DOWNGRADE herrerasaurus got from JWE1 to JWE2, now it's just a raptor clone, a bad one, or nasuto and sinoceratops with broken animations/rig (for real, i'd prefer it using TRIKE's ANIMS RATHER WHAT THEY GOT), the worst is THERE'S MORE EXAMPLES IN-GAME.
  8. Breeding: you alreayd stated "no-interested" in this, but remember, whole JP motto is "Life FINDS a way" and rn it only FINDS a way THROUGH the hatchery door YOU open.
  9. Social Animations: I'll just say, yes, they are good. But minimum there should be ten for each species, otherwise it feels the same over and over. Even if they share some social anims, i'd gladly take, at this point, one exclusive social interaction and the rest being clones of same family dinosaurs. Also make some species that share the SAME social anim to apply it, like interspecies relations, example: diplo-apato or trike-toro, just like Indominus-raptor social anim.
  10. Fix BROKEN skins of the dinosaurs: some dinosaurs, like huayango, spino or styraco have broken skins, with the last one having a COLOSSAL DOT IN THE TAIL, which is stupid.
  11. Allow cosmetics have more diversity: In JWE1, cosmetics and skins had VARIANTS, and they are NO LONGER present ingame, so, just let em have the skin system the default skins have. Also allow the skins (TLW-JP3 raptors for example) to appear on RANDOM SELECTION. Also JP3 Ptera MUST be a variant. And CC carno/Toro MUST be fixed, is just DEFAULT SKINS WITH DEFAULT pattern, where scars, where burn skin?
  12. Missing cosmetics: Dinosaur skins like JP1/93 Para, TLW mamenchi, TLW Para, TLW Ptera, TLW Trike, JW Baryonyx, JW Pachy, CC Spino, BaBR Allo, BaBR Male Nasuto MUST BE ADDED, and there's no EXCUSE, because you gave us CC Scorpio VARIANT despite being already DEFAULT skin.
Agreed. Well...i love JWE2 and the game is amazing to me, but i really want they add all these features, mainly breeding for obvious reasons. Pterosaurs definitely should be able to walk. Some species stats should be re-evaluated, mainly herbivores. We need sauropods fighting animations.

Yesterday I was playing in sandbox mode, and it's sad to see a T.rex killing almost my entire population of sauropods! And they don't even defend themselves! Hadrosaurids definitely need to be stronger and more resilient

Yeh, this game has it's problems and has even gone backwards from the first game, however all I'm reading is a sense of entitlement with "I want, I want, I want" and this whole post is just downright disrespectful...

The amount of effort Frontier and the dev team have put into this is astonishing, don't forget they have to follow a strict guideline on what Universal Studios can and cannot allow to be added, so ultimately all the "missing" content such as hatchlings, violence, etc, is more than likely the fault of Universal, not Frontier.

Yeh, this game has it's problems and has even gone backwards from the first game, however all I'm reading is a sense of entitlement with "I want, I want, I want" and this whole post is just downright disrespectful...

The amount of effort Frontier and the dev team have put into this is astonishing, don't forget they have to follow a strict guideline on what Universal Studios can and cannot allow to be added, so ultimately all the "missing" content such as hatchlings, violence, etc, is more than likely the fault of Universal, not Frontier.
I totally understand what you mean. But... in my opinion, it would be unfeasible for Frontier to make a contract with Universal Studios if they were to restrict certain content. As a part, in a contract with a registered company, Frontier has gained access to all copyrighted content. It makes no sense for Universal to prevent breeding and more advanced building tools, blood violence. These things are canon and they appear in movies. Why would Universal block that?

And there's one more thing... they didn't have to completely draw the blood out of the game after all... JWE2 is a park management game, requires a lot of patience and reasoning for the parks to work in harmony, in my opinion, for gameplay reasons, JWE2 is not a game suitable for children, so why avoid blood? What about the baby dinosaurs? How would that be harmful? Juveniles and males are canon, before you say "lot of work", (yes it is true) remember that Planet Zoo has more than 100 animals and each of them have a baby model. Anyway, Frontier should see breeding as an opportunity for another DLC, it's good for them and for us players. New terrain tools and new thematic decorations variety are things that could improve the gameplay also. If gameplay improves in these aspects, Frontier attracts more players, and the more people buy JWE2 and its expansions, the better! Better for them and better for us

Blood violence. Why would Universal block that?
They'd deem that as "non-kid friendly", and yes, the Jurassic franchise (especially the novels) is far from being kid friendly, it'd increase the age rating which will then reduce their target audience and reduce profit margins as a whole. Idk about you, but I've noticed a LOT of players who play this game that are under the violence rating on games.

What about the baby dinosaurs?
Games that include death don't have children for a reason, it's also another reason why we don't see any non-adult characters get killed in any of the movies, because it'd cause controversy. When it comes to dying kids whether or not they are human or Dinosaur, people don't like that...

It's the same reason why we didn't see the baby Raptor from the first book get mauled to death by a Velociraptor after Tim Murphy threw it at them in the movie during the attack in the Visitors Centre.

New terrain tools and new thematic decorations variety are things that could improve the gameplay also.
I didn't disagree to that, if anything, any improvements and additions would be great.

Which also applies to the addition of more violence and hatchlings. I wouldn't say no to having them added but the fact that Iguanoraptor just said: "Breeding: you alreayd stated "no-interested" in this, but remember, whole JP motto is "Life FINDS a way" and rn it only FINDS a way THROUGH the hatchery door YOU open."

They said they're not adding it, yet people keep shouting at them for something they probably aren't able to do due to legal reasons, and the fact his reasoning for shouting at Frontier to have them be added is as simple as "It's the JP motto" is disgusting.
It's the same problem with the Jeep licensing situation. I'm pretty annoyed that the correct Jeep models aren't in this game, yet they were in the first one... but I'm not going about screaming in the face of Frontier to have them added because I can understand the issue they probably face with getting the licensing as Jeep are too scared to see one of their vehicles in pieces.

The problem with the gaming industry is that people see something, and they always think they have the right and entitlement to have that one item just because it's been involved in less than a 5 second scene...
I can understand from the perspective if Frontier promised a certain aspect of the game was going to be in the game, but they didn't add it in the end. But my point still stands

Not actually, Frontier paid the license and Universal gives a list of what they want at least, and here comes the problem. Do you actually believe universal would want the aquatics to be 4 plain animations? (release, swim, eat, attack)

I can understand the Universal excuse for the cosmetics/variants. But not on the work LMAO. Having in mind the GAME CODE, it's PLANET ZOO's, not a BRAND NEW one, this means, they deleted a lot of features present in the PZ game, like depth waters. If you think i'm being disrespectful, then fine, you can't see how mediocre JWE2 is. Which is sad, because could be better. Is not universal faults most times, stop using that excuse, Frontier has been doing the same for most IP's one year after another during 20 years, and if people is conformist like that, well they won't change 🤷‍♂️

Community sometimes need to see that frontier is just doing a rushed work, rather than praising it.

Not actually, Frontier paid the license and Universal gives a list of what they want at least, and here comes the problem. Do you actually believe universal would want the aquatics to be 4 plain animations? (release, swim, eat, attack)

I can understand the Universal excuse for the cosmetics/variants. But not on the work LMAO. Having in mind the GAME CODE, it's PLANET ZOO's, not a BRAND NEW one, this means, they deleted a lot of features present in the PZ game, like depth waters. If you think i'm being disrespectful, then fine, you can't see how mediocre JWE2 is. Which is sad, because could be better. Is not universal faults most times, stop using that excuse, Frontier has been doing the same for most IP's one year after another during 20 years, and if people is conformist like that, well they won't change 🤷‍♂️

Community sometimes need to see that frontier is just doing a rushed work, rather than praising it.
There's a difference between positive criticism and a toxic demand such as what you have posted, me agreeing that the game needs some improvements or the fact that I've compared it to have some missing aspects from it's predecessor isn't conforming to them.

Conforming is me saying there is literally nothing wrong with the game and saying: "Don't add or change anything, the game is finished!"

You've literally just ignored my previous comment I've made to South Tyrant. Read that before you even make any assumptions that I think this game is 100% perfect, because it isn't, nothing can be 100% perfect, simply because of subjectivism. Some points you make I can agree on, but you're doing it the wrong way.

Frontier isn't going to listen to you if you're not going to make a positive criticism, it's not just you I'm talking about, it's the game community in general that needs to take a chill pill just because they're not getting what they want immediately or as a weekly updated system...

Not only do these posts make you look bad, it makes us all look bad, which in turn the developers may just scrap the acceptance of "Community input".

There's a difference between positive criticism and a toxic demand such as what you have posted, me agreeing that the game needs some improvements or the fact that I've compared it to have some missing aspects from it's predecessor isn't conforming to them.

Conforming is me saying there is literally nothing wrong with the game and saying: "Don't add or change anything, the game is finished!"

You've literally just ignored my previous comment I've made to South Tyrant. Read that before you even make any assumptions that I think this game is 100% perfect, because it isn't, nothing can be 100% perfect, simply because of subjectivism. Some points you make I can agree on, but you're doing it the wrong way.

Frontier isn't going to listen to you if you're not going to make a positive criticism, it's not just you I'm talking about, it's the game community in general that needs to take a chill pill just because they're not getting what they want immediately or as a weekly updated system...

Not only do these posts make you look bad, it makes us all look bad, which in turn the developers may just scrap the acceptance of "Community input".
True, and my apologies if i sounded rude. I've been lately with very conformist people that claim "herbivores don't need to defend emselves". I can understand some of my points may sound demanding, overall the cosmetics one and breeding (despite they could do it with simple bone tweaking actually). But I believe point 2-3-4 and 6 can be actually doable and were pretty much "not hate speech", I feel it would be more demanding with a negative criticism if i said things in those points like, "pterosaurs are not worth if they don't follow their actual IRL diets", instead i said "If you want to keep 'em as piscivore, fine, but they should be able to eat what they ate imo".

True, and my apologies if i sounded rude. I've been lately with very conformist people that claim "herbivores don't need to defend emselves". I can understand some of my points may sound demanding, overall the cosmetics one and breeding (despite they could do it with simple bone tweaking actually). But I believe point 2-3-4 and 6 can be actually doable and were pretty much "not hate speech", I feel it would be more demanding with a negative criticism if i said things in those points like, "pterosaurs are not worth if they don't follow their actual IRL diets", instead i said "If you want to keep 'em as piscivore, fine, but they should be able to eat what they ate imo".
Secondly, i feel in the urge to explain that the parts in cap are not in a mandatory way, but a manner of mine to remark or emphasis on certain parts. Is just a manner of mine from writing certain articles.

Top Bottom