Question about financial injections into Elite dangerous.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm not an idiot

Counterpoint: You're arguing with random people on the internet over a computer game. My wife calls me an idiot for doing that.

duty_calls.png

:LOL:

I hope none of the share holders actually catch wind of any of this.
Cause if they do they'll quickly waddle into the development floor and start squealing "I don't know what these elite dangers are but stop all of it and just give all of the customers my numbers so they can pay directly into my wallet"

The best option is to promote new content into the game
New FSD with super-duper-cruise? I purchased arx.

When all we got was endless thargoids and no new equipment or toys? I didn't buy arx.

When we get the python mk2 I'll purchase arx.

when we get the panther clipper 60 I'll purchase arx.

Powerplay rework... not my thing... but I'll buy a little arx when it comes.

cause the share holders will look up from their troughth and oink out "hey! we're doing well! I don't know what this elite dangers are or this new features that you added, but add more!"

Cause if they do they'll quickly waddle into the development floor and start squealing "I don't know what these elite dangers are but stop all of it and just give all of the customers my numbers so they can pay directly into my wallet"

The best option is to promote new content into the game
New FSD with super-duper-cruise? I purchased arx.

When all we got was endless thargoids and no new equipment or toys? I didn't buy arx.

When we get the python mk2 I'll purchase arx.

when we get the panther clipper 60 I'll purchase arx.

Powerplay rework... not my thing... but I'll buy a little arx when it comes.

cause the share holders will look up from their troughth and oink out "hey! we're doing well! I don't know what this elite dangers are or this new features that you added, but add more!"
Why would there be any correlation between arx purchases (on an old game) and the share price? Sure cosmetics will help pay for some ongoing costs but the company will make large profits - or not - from game unit sales. And that will drive the share price.

If the company makes good profits, the share price will reflect that. Arx? Pretty irrelevant I would think.

Why would there be any correlation between arx purchases (on an old game) and the share price? Sure cosmetics will help pay for some ongoing costs but the company will make large profits - or not - from game unit sales. And that will drive the share price.

If the company makes good profits, the share price will reflect that. Arx? Pretty irrelevant I would think.
Really? then why are so many other companies with share prices that make games pushing millions of in game purchases for currency only used for cosmetics? You should go tell Ubisoft!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

I certainly don't think that, and I don't have a trough. I'm really not sure I like the insinuation that shareholders are Pigs, quite a strange comment to make about a PLC to be honest.

But what I do know is that in a day this thread has gone through all phases that normally take much longer. As it's not remotely productive and full of uninformed guesswork, I'm going to close it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom