Question about T Rex hunting down a Brachiosaurus...

Now that a T Rex will be able to hunt down a Brachiosaurus in the upcoming game, will the Brachiosaurus or other sauropods be able to fight back?
I think it will be cool if the sauropods could also engage in battle and increase their combat infamy.
Well, there is a theory for Allosaurus when dealing with sauropods, basically just taking a chunk off and leaving. I'm not sure if something along those lines is the idea, it sort of sounds a bit like it (the dentition of T.rex wouldn't be too suited to it in reality though I don't think).

If the chance of "escape" applies to sauropods, I could imagine in general rearing or bating away with their tail as intimidation.

There’s been so much speculation in the past on t-rex. Was it a predator or what a lot of skeptics believe strictly a scavenger. I know there were triceratops with t-rex bite marks in the frill but some skeptics say this came from the t rex actually beheading a dead triceratops to get to the meat under the frill. These doubts of the t rex being the carnivore we all knew as a kid was very disappointing to hear. And also it was said the t rex couldn’t actually run but rather walked at about a 8-10 mph sprint.

There’s been so much speculation in the past on t-rex. Was it a predator or what a lot of skeptics believe strictly a scavenger. I know there were triceratops with t-rex bite marks in the frill but some skeptics say this came from the t rex actually beheading a dead triceratops to get to the meat under the frill. These doubts of the t rex being the carnivore we all knew as a kid was very disappointing to hear. And also it was said the t rex couldn’t actually run but rather walked at about a 8-10 mph sprint.
I personally believe that the truth is much more complex, that is it did both throughout it's life. Just the design of a Rex's skull, designed to provide massive bite force without shattering it's own skull, would be overkill for just a scavanger.

As for speed, there are bio mechanic studies that suggest that it could run up to 36mph, probably for short periods of time. Which would make it fast enough to catch it's prey.

I imagine a pride of Rexs, much like a pride of lions, a mated pair of adults supported by 3-4 sub adults. The sub adults would be the active hunters, or bird dogs, that would seperate a targeted prey animal and drive it to one of the adults, waiting in ambush, for a killing bite. As a Rex ages it can always use it's size to intimidate smaller carnivors off a kill. At a certain age/size the sub adults leave the pride to find mates of thier own, which i theorise is when the mated pair brood another batch of juveniles.

Hey no way to know for sure, but it's a plausible theory.

Ugh... this scavenger speculation is so dumb... most of the logic used to "prove" it was a scavenger works just as well to prove it was an active predator, including the example you gave.

Last edited:
Well, there is a theory for Allosaurus when dealing with sauropods, basically just taking a chunk off and leaving. I'm not sure if something along those lines is the idea, it sort of sounds a bit like it (the dentition of T.rex wouldn't be too suited to it in reality though I don't think).

If the chance of "escape" applies to sauropods, I could imagine in general rearing or bating away with their tail as intimidation.
If that's the case, I will be super ANNOYED. Carnivores were already too OP in the first game, and now they can also hunt down a dinosaur that is at least 4 times heavier than them without ever worrying about getting killed? That's just dumb.

Last edited:
T rex being an obligate scavenger is utter nonsense that has already been disproven countless times.

Interesting how answers never fully answer the question. They are appreciated, however.
I know. I just pressed like button since this was the first time the manager ever replied back to my comment. lol

BTW he edited his answer after someone complained about Brachiosaurs not being able to fight back. He originally mentioned that the dinosaur won't be engaging in a lot of battles and he deleted that part out in his comment.

I know. I just pressed like button since this was the first time the manager ever replied back to my comment. lol

BTW he edited his answer after someone complained about Brachiosaurs not being able to fight back. He originally mentioned that the dinosaur won't be engaging in a lot of battles and he deleted that part out in his comment.
Did he now? Damn those Frontier guys are sneakier than compies!

So does that mean it won't fight back unless its a territory conflicts? :( I really think that Brachio should be capable of killing other predators.
I think the T-Rex simply won't attack a Brachisaurus if it doesn't invade its territory, and therefore he won't have to fight back. But since the T-Rex will want to attack the Brachiosaurus he will react.

No terrestrial carnivore has ever been or ever will be a full scavenger.

I don’t believe it myself of course. I don’t know if t-rex would have tried to tackle a healthy adult triceratops unless desperate but I also believe it was a predator. It was even a cannibal.

I don’t believe it myself of course. I don’t know if t-rex would have tried to tackle a healthy adult triceratops unless desperate but I also believe it was a predator. It was even a cannibal.
A rex taking on a healthy adult trike would most likely end very badly for the rex

A rex taking on a healthy adult trike would most likely end very badly for the rex
Just remember, every dog has his day. It all depends on experience and the ground where it takes place.

I think this would be such a rare occurrence. Trics are herding animals so finding one on it's own would not happen very often. I feel that if a Rex did try to take on a loner on the fringe of the herd, the other Trics would rush forward to defend that individual.

We actually got a taste of that, although in a scaled down version, in Battle at Big Rock. Allo vs Nasuto.

Last edited:
Top Bottom