Question about the ED Launcher and W10.

Just installed W10 on my new HDD and I'm finding that whenever I start the ED Launcher it also opens up an IE window displaying common problems with ED.

This is irritating.

How do I make it stop?

Just installed W10 on my new HDD and I'm finding that whenever I start the ED Launcher it also opens up an IE window displaying common problems with ED.

This is irritating.

How do I make it stop?

Bumper. So what are the common problems with Elite Dangerous according to Microsoft, eh?:)

Bumper. So what are the common problems with Elite Dangerous according to Microsoft, eh?:)

Sorry. To clarify, it's opening the FDev troubleshooting page.
Seems like it's FDev's doing.

Not sure if the displayed page is supposed to be relavent to issues a player is having with the game or just random.
I've had a page on how to resolve connectivity issues and a page on how to resolve stability issues.

Only been playing ED with W10 today but haven't had any connectivity issues or stability issues.
Haven't had a single crash of any kind, in fact.
No idea how/why the launcher might've decided I should look at those pages.

Sorry. To clarify, it's opening the FDev troubleshooting page.
Seems like it's FDev's doing.

Not sure if the displayed page is supposed to be relavent to issues a player is having with the game or just random.
I've had a page on how to resolve connectivity issues and a page on how to resolve stability issues.

Only been playing ED with W10 today but haven't had any connectivity issues or stability issues.
Haven't had a single crash of any kind, in fact.
No idea how/why the launcher might've decided I should look at those pages.

Perhaps to read the section titled: "IE opens with ED Launcher"?

First I've heard of this, never experienced it, and been on Win 10 for an extremely long time.

This is irritating.

How do I make it stop?

Did you reinstall the game or are you playing with an earlier install?
Ini files and a few other things might look different if you used another OS before. I'd suggest a clean install (perhaps backup your bindings...) and try again.
If you freshly installed Win10 there might be also Windows files missing that irritate the launcher. Check Visual C redistributables and Visual Studio runtime versions perhaps.

Also, kill Internet Explorer, or Edge, I think it's called Edge now. Kill it with fire.

Is that IE (Internet Explorer) or the Win10 new (crap) browser Edge?

Either way for a test install another browser like Firefox and set that as default and see if anything changes.

I just want to say that I totally approve of holding out on Win10.
I’m a 7 believer and hate the business model and garbage of 10, and you know what made me join the Borg and get assimilated?

Minecraft VR only on Win 10.

#doinitforthekids

A bit off topic, but if you hate the way Win 10 tries to turn your computer into a social media/commerce platform, try "Classic Shell" which makes it a bit more Win 7-like.

And O&O Shutup10 turns off much of the Microsoft Spying.

Welcome to Win 10. The never ending beta that you will have to pay for every time you make major upgrades on your computer unless you give them more and more personal info
Such a POS. MS still puzzled that peeps still use other versions more than Win 10.

A bit off topic, but if you hate the way Win 10 tries to turn your computer into a social media/commerce platform, try "Classic Shell" which makes it a bit more Win 7-like.

And O&O Shutup10 turns off much of the Microsoft Spying.

Given that I'd previously been using W8, I'm well aware of Classic Shell. ;)

I did appreciate the irony of upgrading from W8 to W10, with the understanding that W10 restored the Start menu, only to end-up installing Classic Shell anyway, just to tidy up the W10 Start menu.

There is one stupid checkbox in settings that you can get disabled. Something about some directx stuff being checked on start. If you read that page it opens, you should be able to figure out which one.

Top Bottom