Question for the moderators: A poll?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No matter much I like to go through the Wishlist topic created by Brett C(Thank you for that). I have been reading the new adds and I lose the overview and keep reading the same things, just differntly formulated.

Now my question, Would it be an idea and possible for the moderators here to create a poll so that everyone can vote and statistically see the results?

This way all of us(forum users, moderators and Frontier) can more easily see what our wishes are. Of course it's good to keep a discussion thread open like the one we have, but this is how it's more concrete. It should only be possible for moderators to add the new ideas and then people can once again vote.

opinions on this? let me know.

The other day I was actually thinking about doing my own poll, but I couldn't find an option so I just left it at that. Can we actually do polls ourselves? But your idea sounds good. A poll for features would be great.

I think it's good that there is the option to have a discussion, but for people who only want to vote or see what others think they can just look at the stats.

In this case for letting Frontier know what we want pre-release it would benefit us all.

I think this would be a good idea to give the developers overall feedback without them having to read each individual comments, as much as we all have ideas that we would like to share. I have good faith the developers will deliver.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Polls are not enabled on the forum (read... disabled due to past misuse) so there will be no possibilty for a poll. Sorry.

Fantastic idea. Get yourselves a poll up and running and then we can have them reinstated on the other forums. :D

Where is my elite orange forum colour?

Last edited:
Fantastic idea. Get yourselves a poll up and running and then we can have them reinstated on the other forums. :D

Where is my elite orange forum colour?

Polls give forum dwellers a false idea of democracy. But forum isn't a democracy. We are basically camping on Fdev's lawn. We should be grateful that they let us use the pool and the toilets.

Polls give forum dwellers a false idea of democracy. But forum isn't a democracy. We are basically camping on Fdev's lawn. We should be grateful that they let us use the pool and the toilets.

you use the pool AND the toilets? I don't have the access level needed for the toilets so I just pee in the pool

watch them try and stop me

you use the pool AND the toilets? I don't have the access level needed for the toilets so I just pee in the pool

watch them try and stop me

Yes, I've met many users here, who seem to use the pool as a toilet. Most of them are on my ignore list, now. :p

Democracy gives people the false idea that they have some form of control over their lives, it gives them hope and cons them into believing that they may have a voice.

Where as the loudest voices always get what they want.

Therefore: WE NEED TO DEMAND THEY RETURN THE POLLS, or we will introduce moles into their front lawns. :D

Too bad. I suppose making an external poll and placing the link in a forum would be allowed though? If not let me know quickly before I waste my time on summarizing everything in one haha.

Too bad. I suppose making an external poll and placing the link in a forum would be allowed though? If not let me know quickly before I waste my time on summarizing everything in one haha.

Unless a moderator chimes in, again, I would advise your to contact one and ask. Because I think I've seen threads with external polls locked, before. Strictly speaking, if polls are not allowed, it doesn't really matter where the poll is placed.

I always had issues with polls. They don't tell you anything about what community thinks, they only tell you what people doing the poll think. Plus creating a good poll with some informational and statistical value is REALLY hard and I personally haven't seen one done right. Even by professionals. Look at Brexit fiasco.

noted. Thank you. And yes it is very difficult due to everyone saying the same things, but using different words etc so it would be a lot of work to figure it out exactly.

I suppose this thread can be closed or something. Worth trying though!

Lets just have a poll now, here about having polls. The choice can be open, balanced and objective.

YES ( ) F.D. should allow polls in the forums
OR.
NO ( ) F.D. should not have stopped the polls in the forums?

WHAT!?!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom