Newcomer / Intro Question: Is my system chat bugged or do I misunderstand how it works?

Is this even the right place to post this? Oh well,

I'm currently playing in open play and I entered a system and began seeing some people chatting in '[SYSTEM]' chat.
I noticed a few names talking together in the chat.
However once I jumped to a new system I was still seeing those same players chatting in '[SYSTEM]' chat.

All the info I can find says that system chat is for the star system you are currently in.
So why when I am jumping around different systems do I still see these people having a conversation in the supposed "[SYSTEM]" chat?

Sometimes you can see the last system you were in for a while. I think it's a bug, but I've had it happen a few times.

Or a new feature unintentionally implemented hehe whereby the radio chatter "bleeds" into neighbouring systems creating a group effect lol

Is this even the right place to post this? Oh well,

I'm currently playing in open play and I entered a system and began seeing some people chatting in '[SYSTEM]' chat.
I noticed a few names talking together in the chat.
However once I jumped to a new system I was still seeing those same players chatting in '[SYSTEM]' chat.

All the info I can find says that system chat is for the star system you are currently in.
So why when I am jumping around different systems do I still see these people having a conversation in the supposed "[SYSTEM]" chat?
are you in a squadron when doing this..
could it be squadmates?

fyi - if we all chat at once ... it becomes an anamoly of garbled communication...

Seems to be an Odyssey bug - the System chat from one system sticks with you for a while

Sid: Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Doug: Ah!
Sid: Except for herpes. That sh*t'll come back with ya

the hangover

Top Bottom