Newcomer / Intro Question on gathering Data

I am trying to find a good guide on where to gather data types. I get that "Wake" data comes from scanning the wakes of ships. And I went to Jamison's crash site and scanned the four points there over and over again, but I keep getting the majority of the data being one type (Adaptive Encryptors Capture) and that hopper is now full. I sometimes get others but almost every time I log out and back in 3 or 4 of the data points tell me "Unable to receive data. Storage full" when I scan them and the onlyu hopper that is full is the one I listed above. I don't want to keep trying to land here (it is a painful decent for me) just to fill one inventory type and then have to run to a material trader to swap them out to other types and come back to do this. Is there other places where the other types of data needed for engineering are found, or is there a guide out there to collecting these? Thanks in advanced for any help you can give.

Probably worth reading the whole thread. And searching for other guides - there are a ton. If there's something specific search for that.

So far I have yet to get the hang of the search feature on these forums. But thank you, these are the kind of things I was looking for. Would it be good to have a forum just for guides that are hard pinned and that everyone could read but not everyone could post to? Anyway, thank you very much.

Top Bottom