Question - Thargoids and standard AX-weapons

So, recently I started with Xeno hunt; I can handle the scouts - no problem. Now I tried the bigger ones (Cyclope) in a wing. Are standard AX-weapons really this useless against those (except that gun against that swarm)?! The cyclope had a glitch and didn't moved anymore, so I could test my weapons. The damage was next to nothing (Yes, we had Xeno-scanner and aimed for the hearts)! I couldn't even help out my wingmates! Do I really have to farm those Guardian materials and have Guardian weapons to even participate in combat?!

So, recently I started with Xeno hunt; I can handle the scouts - no problem. Now I tried the bigger ones (Cyclope) in a wing. Are standard AX-weapons really this useless against those (except that gun against that swarm)?! The cyclope had a glitch and didn't moved anymore, so I could test my weapons. The damage was next to nothing (Yes, we had Xeno-scanner and aimed for the hearts)! I couldn't even help out my wingmates! Do I really have to farm those Guardian materials and have Guardian weapons to even participate in combat?!
Anything more than a cyclops and guardian weapons are almost needed. All you need to really from the guardians fight goids are the gauss cannon and guardian module reinforcement, you don’t need the plasma charger or the shard cannons both suck really bad. You should look for the Anti Xeno iniative. They are the premiere anti xeno group with mentors and such that’ll help you through your journey. Also, make sure you look up a video from will and Kate on YouTube about cold orbiting, that’ll be your best friend

Yes, human AX weapons are next to useless against interceptors. So much that killing a Basilisk without Guardian modules is considered one of the AXI’s hardest challenge ranks - achieved by around 30 pilots out of 10k members at AXI discord.

When the Cyclops appeared, there were no Guardian weapons.

The human AX weapons were effective at the start against interceptors. Frontier eventually nerfed them and even put out a Galnet explaining the nerf in game.

Top Bottom