Questions on exploring!

I have just started play about a month ago. I am currently in no man's land and it got me thinking what are the chances of me running into say thargoids or guardian ruins?

How about something new no player has seen before of that nature? Is it possible?

Thanks !

I think the chances are zero.
At the beginning when driving on planets I was thinking "wait a sec and I'll find cool stuff which no one have seen before", I was excited by any signal my SRV detected. That did not happen, I mean crashed thargoids. Well, I did find several things but those are random generated and I've met them later on other planets.

When new sites added there should be some hints about system in Galnet. Only in this case first explorers will be first.

At the beginning when driving on planets I was thinking "wait a sec and I'll find cool stuff which no one have seen before", I was excited by any signal my SRV detected. That did not happen, I mean crashed thargoids. Well, I did find several things but those are random generated and I've met them later on other planets.

When new sites added there should be some hints about system in Galnet. Only in this case first explorers will be first.
Actually it's 0,0~1.

Thagroid and Guardian stuff are located ni rather specific places, alreasy explored, found and well known. Your chances of finding new locations are non existent for there are none to discover. Well, unless FDEVs decide to add few more sites to the game and you'll happen to be near / at the place.

It would be nice to find more alien related stuff but exploration is more like visiting undiscovered systems, scanning it for a tag and extra money than what you may think it is.

Guest193293

G
Yes it's possible.
But see it this way, the galaxy is so big that it is basically just like searching for a ring in the ocean.

Check this out

There is also Metadrive Inc and the Metadrive Technology; Raan Corsen crashed in the Alioth system while running from Sirius with the MetaDrive blueprints, but his ship has not been found.

I remember Drew Wagar saying that the players have not found everything concerning the Formadine Rift but I can't find this quote right now.

Who knows what's out there, who knows what clues, information players may have missed in Galnet and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also bear in mind that content needs to be 'ready' there are large areas of the galaxy zoned off for future 'stuffs' that we can't tell you about. I do recommend the thaigold bases/motherships which are great to explore

I would love to know what percentage of stuff(new undiscovered inserted content) out there is not found yet, just to get a rough idea of whether its worth exploring.

Not exactly true. I came back 2 months ago, after being away for almost 4 years. While unlocking engineers, I stumbled upon a listening post, I think around Maia, started following the messages and they led me to a Thargoid site. I didn't use any external tools or websites for that one.

Both Thargoid structures and Guardian structures are mostly concentrated in certain regions with a few hundred lightyears diameter and not randomly scattered throughout the galaxy. So if you look in the right region, it is possible, but quiet hard since these regions have been explored quiet intensely as they are not that far from the bubble (within 1000ly).

I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some undetected guardian sites or even beacons out there around the region where the new ferry shuttle is traveling to, I discovered some myself at the time the new sites and beacons where added.
As for Thargoid structures, I don't really know how likely it is. They are located around the Pleiades, and IIRC each one pointed to other structures, so they were all found relative quickly.

As for where they are located, you can use this site:

Last edited:
Thagroid and Guardian stuff are located ni rather specific places, alreasy explored, found and well known. Your chances of finding new locations are non existent for there are none to discover.

Both Thargoid structures and Guardian structures are mostly concentrated in certain regions with a few hundred lightyears diameter and not randomly scattered throughout the galaxy. So if you look in the right region, it is possible, but quiet hard since these regions have been explored quiet intensely as they are not that far from the bubble (within 1000ly).

The area of Guardian space hasn't been explored as intensely as you think. In the past four weeks or so I've found six unreported (four undiscovered) Guardian Structures, including one of a type that hasn't been seen before*. It's all a matter of where you look.

See here and here.

*It's also the least interesting type, unfortunately. But hey, it's still new.

EDIT: It's always worth pointing out that before the 3.3 scanners it was far more difficult to find these things. There are probably many more to find, even in places where people have looked before.

Last edited:
When I was out on my big 5000ly trip (for the engineer unlock) I started seeing "non-human signal sources" and sure enough they were thargoids. Just a couple scouts and I jumped away quickly. These are probably more wide spread than the structures on surfaces.
Point is you can wander into them, but it's not like they are random as to which systems they are in.

Thagroid and Guardian stuff are located ni rather specific places, alreasy explored, found and well known. Your chances of finding new locations are non existent for there are none to discover. Well, unless FDEVs decide to add few more sites to the game and you'll happen to be near / at the place.

Yes, there are none unless there are some. But that isn't very informative. At the end of the day only FD knows if there is a chance, and if so, how tiny it is precisely. :p

Well right now I'm taking my time and swinging back to the bubble after I get that engineer unlocked. I've yet to discover an earth like world of my own but I'm hopeful and if I manage to find some cool things I'll make sure to let you all know !

I recommend filtering your route finder to the most Sol-like main sequence stars only. That way you're most likely to find earth like worlds on your route. (not to mention you don't have to worry about any being non-scoopable)

This is what I did on my 5000ly and discovered several first time mapped earth-likes. I honked everything and took a peak at the scanner, only bothered FSSing if I saw signals in the earthlike/amonia and high metal content zones, and only mapped the ones that were terraforming candidates. That restriction was to save time.
Ultimately I came home with about 280M credits at turn-in. (be sure to sell that stuff at stations where you want the rep!)

Guardian Ruins - possible, depending on where you go exploring. To date there have all been found in a particular region.

Thargoids - More likely depending on where you go. They’re concentrated in a particular region but do move around. Keep an eye open for Non-Human Signal Sources.

Something No One Else Has Seen - very possible, but brace for disappointment. The most commonly found Thing No one Else has Seen is an undiscovered system.

Top Bottom