Racing Ideas

so i have some ideas on how to implement racing in game. just going to make a list of ideas i had.

1. racing would be small ship only. why? because a stripped down racing ship wouldn't need an fsd weighing it down. so no supercruise or witchspace jumps. which brings me to . . .

2. racing ships would be transported by a variant of the ship launched fighter bay. they function as storage to deliver your racer to racetracks and to launch the racer away from racetracks to test fly after tuning.

3. the racetracks would be in interesting places on light gravity worlds and maybe even in specialized variants of tourist stations and built via community goal.

4. the ships would be the same small ships already in game but have a racing chassis that is installed in the armor slot to lighten the ship and strip out unnecessary stuff like weapon hardpoints. yep, the entire hardpoint. the racing chassis also increases pitch and yaw speed with the enhanced racing thrusters making the ships more nimble for sharper turns. also these ships, after being tuned up, are REALLY fast. my iEagle can already go over 600 m/s so nearly doubling that (or more) for racing ships is not out of the question. high speed, high agility, falls apart if you look at too hard.

5. not all racing is legal. legit races in high security places are all in good fun and meant to be a family friendly spectator sport like nascar or formula 1 racing. illegal "pirate" racing in anarchy systems is an armed death race, with the pirate raceship mechanics selling stripped down chassis' that still have a weapon or device slot or two for racing more like star was pod racing. ramming, shooting, leave mines on the track, all valid race tactics here.

6. its a spectator sport for player. while the race tracks can be seen in the regular game the actual races take place in a specialized instance server. the server uses a streaming program and an auto cam system to broadcast the races for players to watch. in systems where gambling is legal or anarchy systems you can bet with other cmdr's on the races. this would bring players and player factions together for planned and impromptu sporting events.

thats all i got for now but i might edit a few more ideas in there if i have any. o7

Top Bottom