Ran out of fuel middle of nowhere what I do?

No distress beacons anymore (unfortunately). Only option is self-destruct. Not sure why FD doesn't think distress beacons were an awesome feature that would lead to interesting scenarios...

Since the fuel scoop was implemented it was removed. You will have to blow up or run your fuel tank dry in SC and see if someone comes to rescue you with the automatic beacon. Never worked for me though.

OK, silly question from me: the fuel readout has two lines- thin and thick. When the thin line reaches zero, does it draw fuel from the thick line? When I scoop fuel its only the thick line that seems to refill.

OK, silly question from me: the fuel readout has two lines- thin and thick. When the thin line reaches zero, does it draw fuel from the thick line? When I scoop fuel its only the thick line that seems to refill.

Yep, the thick one is your hyperspace fuel and the thin one normal flight / supercruise. When the thin one runs out it recharges from the thick one.

No distress beacons anymore (unfortunately). Only option is self-destruct. Not sure why FD doesn't think distress beacons were an awesome feature that would lead to interesting scenarios...

I asked this question and apparently it was removed because it would potentially ruin immersion if people would use it deep in space. Although the person that answered me didn't provide a link there was apparently a thread which caused the removal some time back in beta.

Ridiculous, was my reply.

You should make sure you have enough money to buy back your ship through insurance, a Viper will be around just 15k+ (I know this because I did EXACTLY what you did)

1st purchase - fuel scoop - costs little saves lots of cash - always refill on entry - some sectors do not have stars that you can refill using the scoop - always ensure you have enough for about 3 jumps, ideally a return from last point.

Top Bottom