Rank achievement message is bogus

Try submitting in another browser. I had that issue for a while, but got it to work in (sigh) Edge.

...''OH you HAVE to use 'Edge'..... damned Microsoft......sign of the times mate! :mad::mad::mad:🤬👎👊

I installed Windows 11 on my gaming rig and on my work laptop (and a virtualization lab workstation I have) and love it. Edge, of course, is the default browser.

I started using Edge when I was getting everything set up and just kept using it.. it's Chromium based, so it's familiar, and it seems fast and stable. I haven't even installed Chrome or Firefox.

Deleted member 182079

D
I achieved "warrior" on foot rank, and I got a message congratulating me on reaching "gladiator". Very confusing.
Same here last night.

Any confusion cleared up though as soon as I realised I'm playing a recently patched Elite.

I installed Windows 11 on my gaming rig and on my work laptop (and a virtualization lab workstation I have) and love it. Edge, of course, is the default browser.

I started using Edge when I was getting everything set up and just kept using it.. it's Chromium based, so it's familiar, and it seems fast and stable. I haven't even installed Chrome or Firefox.
Happy you like it mate... my antipathy toward Microsoft is not technical it's is because I loathe ever encroaching corporate globalisation in general... it's the 'having to' (i.e. MS Windows) that grinds my gears!! I'm not particularly a 'Luddite' .... I've just have some strong opinions (not all of which are necessarily based on fact... ho hum) :unsure: o7

I had the same ranking issue last night. Made Elite I, but got the call-out for Elite II. And I made Taxonomist, but got the message for Ecologist. So it seems there is a Rank + 1 issue somewhere!

EDIT: Ticket created on tracker: Issue Tracker linky.

EDIT 2: Yes, issue ticket was created in Edge. Tried Firefox but got the same issue as OP (again).

:D S

Last edited:
Same here last night.

Any confusion cleared up though as soon as I realised I'm playing a recently patched Elite.
I also think the on-foot kills counting toward pilot rank came back... because I'm perilously close to Elite and dammit if I get it on the ground and not in space... I'm gonna feel robbed :(

Just gained Mercenary Elite today, message was spot on:
HLsXBRU.png

8j8suCr.png

Happy you like it mate... my antipathy toward Microsoft is not technical it's is because I loathe ever encroaching corporate globalisation in general... it's the 'having to' (i.e. MS Windows) that grinds my gears!!

Yeah... because Apple is known for giving their users soooo much freedom. ;)

... I've just have some strong opinions (not all of which are necessarily based on fact... ho hum) :unsure: o7

I've never let facts get in the way of my strong opinions. :D

But I'm with you on corporate overreach... it's getting as bad as government overreach. Social media is a curse and it still amazes me people put devices in their homes that allow Big Tech to listen to - literally - every word they say.

ANNND I GOT ROBBED of the honour of achieving Elite in space combat, Odyssey kills jumped me from 96% to 100% in just 30 minutes of anarchy settlement massacres. I really feel some kinda way about this. I wanted to have that "level up" after a righteous ship kill.

Edit* apparently "founders world" IS Shinrarta. But wow, I really wanted to earn that organically :(
Elite Dangerous 2022.01.31 - 03.54.47.04.png

Last edited:
Seems the rankings -- for Exobiologist at least -- are bugged beyond the messages given. I just turned in many weeks of specimens, the majority of which were First Logged, and received messages ranking me all the way to Geneticist. But the right-hand panel showed only Ecologist rank. The Commander data panel shows my base rewards ("Profit from Organic Data") just shy of that needed for Geneticist, but I'm far above that rank if the First-Logged credits are added in. So it seems the Pilot's Federation is just as confused as everyone else about which ExoBio earnings should be counted towards ranking. Perhaps the current ongoing update will help resolve this tizzy.

Back
Top Bottom