RAXXLA

The younger generation mocks it, until quelled by stern glares from their greybeard elders. Parents tell their offspring the story of a ghost planet, beyond witchspace, lost in the void. The name is interspersed throughout popular culture as a synonym for futility.

Has there ever been an expedition to the void in search of RAXXLA all descriptions seem to point to the void?

The Thargoids stole Raxxla. It is currently orbiting the neutron star which powers the Thargoid Dyson sphere where they live in Witchspace.

Deleted member 38366

D
I think it's mostly the older generation that mocks it, while the younger crowd is obsessed with the wild goose/ghost chases (exceptions exist of course) ;)

Reason likely is that the old crowd knows how many thousands of CMDRs and Ships ventured virtually everywhere without ever finding as much as a breadcrumb. Not even an old wrapper of a RAXXLA candy bar.
I sometimes think RAXXLA is Thargoid language for "self-propelled hype".

On a more serious note, if you observe how benign (underwhelming) previous discoveries were...
Whatever RAXXLA turns out to be, it likely won't ever - not even remotely - be able to live up to the hype that has built and mutated over the years. Especially not since it's supposedly V1.0 content (said to be in-game since the launch of the Game).
Now sit back and consider what type of placeholder content we had back in V1.0 (especially on the Exploration/Lore side) and carefully think about how big of a thing it could possibly be with such harsh restrictions.

PS.
At bare minimum, it'd have to be i.e. a gateway to another Galaxy - where the Player could locate and dock at an abandoned Shipyard and gain access to an experimental or alien/hybrid Vessel.
Currently couldn't come up with anything else that'd be worth the titanic efforts many Players have already put into it.

Still, it's kind of a sexy idea, gotta give it that.
And if there's no other motivation or inspiration left to check out places in the vast Galaxy, even something like RAXXLA will do just fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I was once offered synthetic onionhead with letters RAXXLA written on them. You should absolutely steer away from that stuff, it's even worse than crom silver fesh. Writing it in all capital letters was an interesting choice though.

if Raxxla was a thing there are 2 possibilities:

1) its just some discriptive text for a pretty plain and otherwise unremarkable planet

2) it's some fantastic amazing thing leading to another galaxy....which would have required all sorts of dev effort and advanced features as well as generation and hosting of at least one other galaxy which has been online since ver 1.0 idling without any use for years which would make it a moment to a colossal waste of effort and resources.

Considering how FDev has forced every bit of content that had dev time spent on it down our throats whether we want it or not I seriously doubt #2.

Is there a completely ordinary RNG planet out there somewhere that some dev edited the name of to say "Raxxla" instead of "Vegq pla 23-zs 22-9"? probably. If we're really lucky it may even have some special text in the description.

How "exciting" will it's eventual discovery be? about as exciting as a wet fart.

Is it a girl?
It's about this:
Screen-Shot-2017-05-04-at-9.12.45-AM.png

Been there, scanned that, will sell the data when I return.
Can't tell you where it is, the forum deletes it, just like it does bad language.
But it's there.
It's also not very interesting, since you can't land there (atmospheric world).

Looks like every other ringed Earthlike world though, with maybe more lights on the dark side of the planet.

Top Bottom