RE: Ride Operators

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
RE: Ride Operators

Hi,

Will this game have Ride operators who check restraints and put thumbs up for all clear. Enjoy The Ride!!! I can't wait for this game.

Hi,

Will this game have Ride operators who check restraints and put thumbs up for all clear. Enjoy The Ride!!! I can't wait for this game.
We didn't saw any Ride Operators in the livestream. We only saw operators in the front of the queue so they could check if they are long enough.

I love little details but idk if i want to see restraint checking. It just seem like a waste of CPU and GPU to have such a detail.

I could totally see an operator in a control booth though.

I love little details but idk if i want to see restraint checking. It just seem like a waste of CPU and GPU to have such a detail.

I could totally see an operator in a control booth though.
If guests can ooh and ahh and eat ice creams, and go to restrooms, then operators can check restraints.
I'd love to see such detail.

I would be suprised if they didn't eventually add this! The amount of detail that we've seen so far is incredible, so this is a must for such a detailed, realistic game! I've not seen any other theme park game feature it either, it would add to the realism so much! :)

If we were able to recreate Scenic Railway Coaster's like the ones at Lunar Park in Melbourne Australia and The Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, I would love to see an actual break man riding the coaster as well as the guests. There are not many of these old wooden coasters left now and I think the last one that ran in the UK was at Great Yarmouth. I am not sure if this coaster is still there any more as it's about twenty years since I was in Great Yarmouth. Break Men on these coaster's rode stood up in the centre car of the train and controlled the speed of the coaster with a large wooden brake lever. Most of these coasters were built during the 1920s, The one at Lunar Park being the oldest coaster in the world, still running. Built in 1912.

Last edited:
I would love to see this level of realism but I don't think it would be that necessary. However, what would be a nice idea is if the Ride OPs worked on the same basis as the other park workers in terms of mood and satisfaction i.e. If they are happy, they'll work as fast as possible (maybe even at a slightly unrealistic rate as some sort of game reward. It is a game after all!) and get people on and off as fast as possible and do all safety checks with speed and precision, where as if they are demotivated, unhappy, sad etc... They could work at a slower pace and perhaps not be as effective or safe by by forgetting to check a restraint here and there, not caring about the height of riders and let a few smaller people on and generally start decreasing the efficiency of the ride and how many guests they get through per hour.

It could even have more dire consequences for you as a park manager. Perhaps the poor work would leave the inspector (assuming they'll some sort of inspector) very dissatisfied and incur fines for not being safe.

If guests can ooh and ahh and eat ice creams, and go to restrooms, then operators can check restraints.
I'd love to see such detail.

The biggest request in coaster rides and flat was better Q's and more operators doing this exact same thing, people wanted a bit more depth in game play and I don't doubt down the line we might see this depth of detail. Ride restraint checking could go under training and actual game play, I could see it as something a bit more depth , might be why we haven't seen such yet and to be honest, the game isn't even in alpha yet! :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom