Real Money for Credits?

Are the devs lookin into this? I for one hate the stupid grind, it kills the game. But on the other hand I hate pay to win also.

Is there a way to have something like paying for a credit bonus system. Like pay for a week of +25% credit earning bonus? Or even rank bonus also +25% for a week.

Something to take the edge of this horrible GRIND. The grind is what i find most people complain about.

Or what about buying ships? Not the upgrades just the base ship?

Oh so wrong on so many levels...

Firstly the obvious - pay-to-win is a sure-fire way to kill the game.

Secondly if you feel the need to grind for credits or chase other numbers thats your choice, and the game shouldn't be compromised to make it easy. Getting the most expensive ship in the game is as much a burden as anything, and doesn't really let you do anything new - just the same things with bigger numbers attached.

Sorry to say buy dedication to grind seems like the last resort of players who are lacking in imagination...

Its not pay to win. If you are just getting a small boost to credit GRINDING. You still have to Grind and play to get the credits. Even if you could buy a base model ship thats not a fully loaded ship with all the upgrades either. Also there could be in code if you sold a paid ship like that you get only 5 or 10 percent of the actual value in game. There are lots of things you could do to stop that from becoming paid to win. Could also lock the ships to SOLO only. Or lock the bonus credits to solo only also.

Increased sales means more development money

Last edited:
No. Absolutely not.

No buying credits with real money, and no buying ships with real money. I'm barely okay with buying paintjobs with real money - imo we should be able to earn these in-game.

At the moment, because of the issues with passengers missions, skimmer missions and now mining missions, and the appearance of 200c missions on the boards, there is obviously something amiss with the mission generation system. The fact that FDev haven't been tweaking it, means that the mission system is a complicated, difficult bunch of code that cannot be simply tweaked. I hope the mission rewards are fixed to properly reward rank and reputation.

Despite the assertions of some who insist there is no grind, the fact that so many people swarm to the gold rushes, indicates there is a problem. Remember Rhea just before the nerf hammer - 56K players had participated in it. Another indication that there is a problem.

No Hell No, far to much of that already, Elite is a time expand game yes sadly there is some grind, but it would be so unfair on players who have been ere since beta and have earnt the right, to what they have right now, buying credits is in a sense speeding up the time expand of the game IMO.

NO.

It would mean that everyone would get Anaconda's on the first day, fully A-upgraded. It won't make grinding slightly less, it will remove grinding completely and with it any interest in doing missions or any other credit making activity in the game. No one would care, and the salty "there's nothing to do" posts will show up again.

What's needed are more surefire ways of "grinding". It's not an issue to look for something and it takes an hour max, but when it takes 2 days, that's when players complain.

Not to be rude but, NO ... I understand your aversion to THE grind as most all of are distracted by it at times. But any resourse management game does this. Perhaps this is why I do not play them. ED at least gives me a taiste of being in space with the grind and, as you may, is challenging at times.

But pay with real money? NO ... I like the content that such as SC promises but I honestly (though I honestly know you were not referring to this) the selling of things as they do should be illegal. Just a personal opinion but I would not like seeing ED end up even simultaneously to that. Paid content I'm ok with but not pay to avoid grinding ...

Cheers ...

Chief

Why not, there's always at least one cash exploit going so it's not like it would unbalance the game at all.

Consider another point, making credits too fast in the game is considered an exploit, so paying for credits would be even faster. Wouldn't be an issue with 100 mil/hr if you can make 1 bil/min just by buying it.

People, you're looking at this wrong!

The title says 'Real money for credits', not 'Credits for real money' - meaning FDev pay £ for CR, which, having 2 billion in cash I have no use for (2,000 rebuys FTW) I'm TOTALLY down with! :D

To the general group.

I in general I do not like pay to win. However, what are you wining in ED? The only winning I can see is a Griefer that wants the biggest and baddest so they can kill other players, which doesn't really work too well because players can go solo or private. For example, currently without pay to win, I have been killed twice by other players flying Anaconda. I was flying around in a Viper III and one Anda attack me with FSD missiles, fighters, and outrageously strong beams. I was dead in 5 sec or less. The other Anaconda attacked me in a Diamond Back Explorer rig for Cargo Movement with no shields. I had no cargo, no shields, no bounty on my head. Exactly what was the purpose in killing me. Anyway, back to the topic.... Let Frontier charge for credits. At most it will only effect the game play for PvP. The money can be use to continue deployment and maintenance of the servers.

To me this game is like Golf. You are playing against yourself and no matter the equipment brand, if you suck you suck.

Top Bottom