Coaster Crazy Realism

Dear people,

Everyone in here agrees with this point:

- You made a beautiful coaster creating tool !!!

But !!!!

If there is no realism around this coaster it becomes a cartoon and not a coaster game. Sure there will be gamers who love this cartoonish style. Cartoon people who surf on the coaster is fun for some gamers. But that are no coaster-game players. Give tham a racetrack with the same people and they play it also. They don't mind coaster building, they do mind crashing cartoons. That is a different aim of gamers.

90% of the people who play coaster games (and played it before), play it because they like realism. The more realism, the better and longer they play. They want to build a realistic park with realistic scenery, realistic people and realistic coasters.

So I think you guys made a great building tool, but use it wrong. If you use the GREAT coaster building tool in a super realistic theme park game, you have gold in hands. If you use that great tool in a cartoon game, you got a few gamers who will like that, but it won't be a selling hit (for long terms).

Michael: what do you think of my comment? Do you think it is an option to make a super realistic theme park game with that SUPER GREAT engine?

Last edited:

Michael Brookes

Game Director
That is one of the directions we could take. However we are getting a lot of feedback from people who love the style. And we want to have our own style, for this game at least. What other games we do may have a different style.

Remember this is aimed at a much wider audience and the emphasis is having fun while building great coasters - it isn't a simulation (although the coaster physics is pretty spot on).

Michael

During the hay days of coaster games, the simplicity of building was a major selling point. But many wanted it to go further.People wanted realism and customization. The problem was that software like Nolimits was to complicated and difficult to use out of the box. Coaster crazy will be a good seller, as its simplified use will allow many to use. I don't see many hardcore Nolimits users buying it, but I also don't see many buying Nolimits 2 unless its building techniques are simplified.

Top Bottom