Newcomer / Intro Recommendation: Complete Tutorials First

A pretty simple post - and obvious topic content based upon the title of this post - but I would strongly recommend that all new Commanders complete (some of) the Tutorials before embarking on trips through the Galaxy.

I would recommend you start with the Launch, Docking and Travel tutorials and then, at the very least, move onto the Target Practice and Basic Combat tutorials, even if you are not planning on entering the world of bounty hunting or piracy. The remaining Combat tutorials can be completed in your own time, if you are interested or wish to move into more of a combat-based career.

Last edited:
Slightly frustrating that the tutorials weren't available as a pre-dowbload instead of the combat sim, but either way, excited to play~

Beat the sidewinder face-off and you're good to go for the majority of the game. You'll still get eaten alive by players but most NPC's shouldn't give you too much trouble for a while...

This is a very important PSA... You know tomorrow the forum is going to be filled with "It's too hard" and "I don't know how to do xxx" even the ever dreaded "This suxxxxorzzzz"... all because people don't want to read the manual, or do the tutorials. These are dark times my friends, dark times indeed.

The docking tutorial, in my opinion, is extremely important!

Taken from Newsletter #50:
Gnepcoyi on Youtube put this humorous video together about your first ever docking experience: expectations versus reality.

NOTE: *** Does contain swearing in text overlay form, not verbal ***

[video=youtube;qYPtigdFxnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYPtigdFxnA[/video]

Last edited:

Beld

Banned
I'm glad to hear theres more tutorials, the combat sim was fun, but its left me wondering how i'll learn the basic stuff like navigation ect, now I know.

+2 on the sleep....ive not been so excited about a game ever. 30yrs ive been waiting. 30yrs!!....and Ive got the whole of xmas off until 05/01/15.....

Also, be prepared to spend a few days getting blown up and loosing everything except your cash balance (i.e. understand the mechanics of insurance, don't repair/upgrade something which you can get replaced for free - until you can afford to maintain the upgrade). Explore a little first, then try and build a character.

Maybe its just me, but when I start a new game, I'm very protective of the character I've just generated. This is by far the most brutal training regime I've come across, but it works OK once you realise that.

Beat the sidewinder face-off and you're good to go for the majority of the game. You'll still get eaten alive by players but most NPC's shouldn't give you too much trouble for a while...

This! All you'll really need is a few basics in the combat department to get by as a trader, explorer, or miner. Learn to boost out of interdictions at the start. Before you realize it, you'll be able to quickly scan your target and decide if you want to fight or not. Until you get your sea legs, I wouldn't recommend fighting anything higher than a competent Eagle.

Top Bottom