Red Screen

Greetings cmdr!

Hope you all enjoying the exploration🙂
By the way, I was encountering this glitch/bug after the recent update. It's very annoying and I had to restart the game several times or a system reboot will do.
If you guys have any clue what might be the reason, I need you help.
ed_gfx_error.jpg

🖥️
CPU :I5-7400
RAM :8gig 2400mhz
GPU : iGPU (Intel HD 630 )

Happy Holidays, o7 cmdr

I have seen this happen with a dodgy or not correctly plugged in HDMI cable, one of the colour channels doesn't pick up properly and you get a tinted display, check all your cables to make sure they are plugged in correctly. Mind you if it's a laptop, looks like it with a HD 630 display adaptor, could be the connection between the display and the base and that's a big problem. Also with that setup you aren't meeting the minimum requirements for the game, the GPU shares video with the PC, so you are seriously short of memory there and that could also cause some unexpected problems.

I have seen this happen with a dodgy or not correctly plugged in HDMI cable, one of the colour channels doesn't pick up properly and you get a tinted display, check all your cables to make sure they are plugged in correctly. Mind you if it's a laptop, looks like it with a HD 630 display adaptor, could be the connection between the display and the base and that's a big problem. Also with that setup you aren't meeting the minimum requirements for the game, the GPU shares video with the PC, so you are seriously short of memory there and that could also cause some unexpected problems.
Yeah, I hope so. Earlier I never had this issue probably more update equals more demanding graphics / RAM.
Maybe it's time to upgrade. Thanks, o7 cmdr @varonica

the gpu is hardly taxed to display windows i think varonica's advice is still pretty sound imo
and it sounds like speaking from experience..................

Last edited:
Hmm.. Checked the cables, no issue! As for Intel GFX updates for HD series is not frequent.
The last update was on July 2023. Still, I tried fresh driver installation but red screen is still there.
If I do a system reboot it'll work.

I suppose that if it was the cable/connection you'd have the same problem with windows itself. Maybe it's an Intel driver issue?

Depends what the primary display is set to and what the game is set to, windows doesn't use the full 3d capability of the video card, refresh rates may be different in the game and in windows etc, all I can say is the only time I have every seen this particular issue between a PC and display when the entire display ends up tinted (using a cable to connect desktops to separate displays) it was always the connector and seating that properly made the problem go away.

Yes it's possibly a driver issue or something like that, but driver issues usually result in corrupt display, tearing, not rendering 3d objects properly properly etc, rarely full screen tinting like this.

What is strange here is the fact the embedded Odyssey picture seems to be displaying correctly whereas the rest isn't, so I am thinking the game is kicking the text part of the screen into some sort of weird display mode, if the game is exited does windows then work fine or does it retain any of the red tinting?

a cable can still fail and be plugged in correctly try another b4 buying new hardware is my advice
or an old vga if your card supports it
still any other demanding direct x game should quickly tell you if it is a hardware issue or not

Last edited:
Integrated graphics are a bad idea for gaming. Problems should be expected eventually. Diagnosis and repair is usually difficult, and not worth the effort.

Last edited:
laptops in general upgrades often mean an entirely new machine
desktops plug in a new card an bobs your uncle in most cases

Last edited:
Top Bottom