COMPLETED CG Reinforcing Security in Upaniklis (Bounty Hunting)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that lots of smaller ships spawn in the HazRes.
I'm in my Vette and she's having a walk in the park.
Only so now an then a Conda pops in and then pops again but not out :)
I'm in the top 25% now.
The tiers go pretty slowly though.

I was just in the High Res and got a full range of targets from Hauler up to Anaconda with Pythons, Phantoms, Crusaders and an assortment of Federal Xships as well.

Plenty of fun for my Mamba.

Wasted an hour on a sunday drive in a cobra mk 3 playing rail gun tag... Did not go my way all the time... so took hull damage...

Even in Haz-Res, I only encountered one large ship. The rest were Vipers, Adders etc. Disappointing, hopefully I'll have better RES swarms later on.
Funny, I had the same experience until two other guys dropped by and we winged up. Then we had a streak of Anacondas. Does winging affect the NPC generation or was that pure chance?

Oh, after they left I was back to scraps...

If I get in a res site with only small ships, I just pop out and back in again. Sooner or later you'll get an instance with bigger ships. I've turned in about 14.5 million in bounties so far. (y)

I,m having trouble with this one. Accepted mission, flew to the system and found a few wanted ships in a res site. Got 500k bounty, but couldn't find anywhere to hand them in on the mission page.

Ended up cashing them in with the Authority contact, but that doesn't seem to have registered anywhere in the CG page, still on the non contributing bracket what am I missing?

Does this need to be open play only to work? Tried that but got tanked by a in an overpowered ship so gave up and went back to solo.

You did well. If CG mission picked first (grey missions on mission board - pick the "Reinforcing Security" one), then system res site combat, then back to Fozard Port, cash them at Authy Contacts. You can check your status at the stations mission board, its the fastest, your nav panel a bit slower with the update.
Dont need to go to Open, it works in PGs or Solo.

For a while there I was confused because the in-game description muddies the waters by splashing the description with both terms bounty vouchers and combat bonds. I presume from what I have read here, that we're talking about bounty vouchers. As you all know the two are quite distinct and are acquired differently (except of course the combat part).

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I haven't figured out where I'm supposed to see the controlling faction's wanted list. This is where I'm supposed to know who to go after.
Where do I find this information?

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I haven't figured out where I'm supposed to see the controlling faction's wanted list. This is where I'm supposed to know who to go after.

There isn't really a wanted list. You simply scan the ship and it will tell you if it's wanted or not. Any ship that's wanted will do. It's not like a mission where it's confined to one specific faction. You simply kill them all.

There isn't really a wanted list. You simply scan the ship and it will tell you if it's wanted or not. Any ship that's wanted will do. It's not like a mission where it's confined to one specific faction. You simply kill them all.
And best of all they won’t need sorting, as long as you wait for the Wanted to appear during the scan. Just because it is a combat ship doesn’t mean some NPC isn’t mining in it.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
As others have said, by being wanted in a system (or specifically region of space) controlled by a faction (Upaniklis Vision Inc. for this CG) that means they are wanted by that faction and have a bounty on them. Don't worry about the faction shown for the ship - that indicates it's allegiance, not who wants it dead! Most people use RES because you are (usually) guaranteed to find ships there, wanted by the system's controlling faction because that's where the pirates hang out. You can also find them at installations in system if there are any and they are owned by the right faction, but they tend to be a bit tougher than the Low on normal RES at least.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
For a while there I was confused because the in-game description muddies the waters by splashing the description with both terms bounty vouchers and combat bonds. I presume from what I have read here, that we're talking about bounty vouchers. As you all know the two are quite distinct and are acquired differently (except of course the combat part).
Unfortunately that happens from time to time in CGs ... Basically, it's whatever is in the top banner and main body of the text that counts. The bottom paragraph about crew taking some of your "stuff" is boiler plate and occasionally gets the wrong thing in it in terms of Bonds (combat CG) vs. bounties (bounty hunting CG). In this case it's bounty vouchers, so hunting in RES & at Installations, not in Conflict Zones.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
I,m having trouble with this one. Accepted mission, flew to the system and found a few wanted ships in a res site. Got 500k bounty, but couldn't find anywhere to hand them in on the mission page.

Ended up cashing them in with the Authority contact, but that doesn't seem to have registered anywhere in the CG page, still on the non contributing bracket what am I missing?

Does this need to be open play only to work? Tried that but got tanked by a in an overpowered ship so gave up and went back to solo.
Did your contribution show up eventually or are you still having troubles? As mentioned, the left hand panel does tend to lag by up to 10 minutes if you don't go look at progression the mission board. Cashing in at the authority contact in the CG station - Fozard Port this week) is the correct way to contribute to the CG, and signing up in any station's mission board should be sufficient.
If you are still facing issues do let us know and we'll see what we can do to help. Screen shots of the mission board and/or left hand transactions panel might help if it's still not working for you.

Thanks Kietrax, yes it did. Logged out then back in again was off the 'no contributions' list and into top 100% so registered after a server lag I guess. If I remember rightly it took a while to register some of the cargo I dropped off on the 1st CG I did back in September as well.

Everything seems fine. Did a bit more now I'm in the top 75%, so all good.

Hauling isn't my thing, but I really like this bounty hunting thing. My play time hasn't lived up to my desire, but I'm hoping the CZ is one of the next steps in this. I'm going to kick serious tail...which ever side my independent self chooses to support :)

I just turned in another 10 mil with my cutter for about a hour and half of work. I've collected around 42 mil so far. What is the range for top 10 CMDRs?

And best of all they won’t need sorting, as long as you wait for the Wanted to appear during the scan. Just because it is a combat ship doesn’t mean some NPC isn’t mining in it.
Yes. Blasted 'simple miners' flying about in Fed Gunships! :ROFLMAO:

I've actually been getting bigger targets using my Chief or Krait. Brought my Laser Cutter and it was all small ships. Medium Combat ships are more fun I think. 7 mil dropped off already.
Amazing how that works. Small and med ships for any haz rez = fun combat. I let my vette sit collecting dust except for one thing.
High intensity CZ zones. Those spec ops killed me and my npc pilot "tears" the first time I encountered them.
Fore warned is fore armed now.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom