Release 17 has broken VR (Double image on Target Scanner)

Building a setup specifically for one game is asking for issues IMO.

I never said that. (Not that it matters...)

My system is a 32 Core Threadripper Pro with 256 GB of memory (in addition to the RTX 4090). I use my system for MANY things (inc software development, 3D CAD, 3D Printing, and network management). Yes, its ALSO used for Elite/VR, but that is not its sole (or even primary) purpose. Yes, I do have certain peripherals which are dedicated to Elite, but not the system itself. A 32-core Threadripper Pro is certainly NOT the best CPU for Elite. A much cheaper, lower core count, faster processor would be much better. Its only Elite <-> VR which share a 1:1 relationship on my system. Not that ANY of this is relevant to the bug which was recently introduced...

(...and I would also question why it should be a bad decision in any case. If someone likes a game enough, and has the resources at their disposal, why NOT build a system dedicated to a single purpose? Folks do it all the time for driving/racing simulators. I've sold a few of those, in fact... In reality, you can actually achieve a higher level of success and performance in designing for a single-purpose than trying to meet multiple. Anyway...)

But thanks to all for recognizing the issue here. Yes, it is a developer's bug and Yes, it does ruin my ED experience. I pretty much go 3 seasons between my Winter bouts with Elite and I simply expect I'll have to do other things for a bit longer before getting back in the cockpit...

Can someone confirm that this bug was fixed in update 18?

A claim, as such, was mentioned here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/vr-disturbing-since-last-update-s.624482/post-10349469

(I haven't played since they broke it and it will take me an hour or so to update all the odds and ends: VoiceAttack, PiMax, SteamVR, EDMarket, etc. So, before I head down that trail I though I would ask... ;-)
For what it’s worth, no one has contradicted me and there have been no additions to the issue report since U18.

The detachable spot shadows were fixed in the same update but also didn’t make the patch notes.

Top Bottom