Release [RELEASE] Panels for iOS (Android Coming Soon) - Alternative to Roccat Power Grid

Which Android version will be needed ? I have an old tablet perfect for that, but it's only running version 4.12, no more updates for it.

Depending on your make and model of tablet there might be a more up to date third party version of Android available. CyanagenMod is available for a good many older tablets. If you let me know the make and model I can check for you.

It works for me

Hi Kith000,

I've found a few mounts for tablets, something similar could solve the positioning issue:

Just put the 'portrait mode' request to the last place on your to-do list, I'll have to buy the mounts in any case...

Best regards!

Thanks

Added a "Change Log" specifically for the pre-packaged Elite Dangerous panel, and added information regarding Version 3 which was deployed today.

Version 3 adds Ship Scan data and Incoming message notifications.

Added a "Change Log" specifically for the pre-packaged Elite Dangerous panel, and added information regarding Version 3 which was deployed today.

Version 3 adds Ship Scan data and Incoming message notifications.

Would it be possible for future updates to the Elite panel to give an option not to overwrite the keybinds already setup?

Would it be possible for future updates to the Elite panel to give an option not to overwrite the keybinds already setup?

Did your key bindings get overwritten? Because they definitely shouldn't have!

in my testing, the update did preserve existing key bindings. If that didn't happen for you, please let me know exactly what didn't get preserved. Sorry about that, I know that can be tedious to remap :-/

Last edited:
Did your key bindings get overwritten? Because they definitely shouldn't have!

in my testing, the update did preserve existing key bindings. If that didn't happen for you, please let me know exactly what didn't get preserved. Sorry about that, I know that can be tedious to remap :-/

I will double check. It is quite possible I got myself confused, as I was doing other Elite setup up stuff at the same time.

I will double check. It is quite possible I got myself confused, as I was doing other Elite setup up stuff at the same time.

Ah okay, just let me know whenever you have a second to verify. I really want these updates to be smooth and not cause users any headaches (like having to reassign bindings)

Ah okay, just let me know whenever you have a second to verify. I really want these updates to be smooth and not cause users any headaches (like having to reassign bindings)

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Real life, and dodgy Internet got in the way. Sorry to say my customised keystroke settings were changed when I updated the Windows client, and the ED panel.

How is that Android Version coming??? I have money for you to take....

It's actually coming along pretty nicely. It's in alpha testing at the moment, and there are a couple of things to implement left but for the most part it's working :).

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Real life, and dodgy Internet got in the way. Sorry to say my customised keystroke settings were changed when I updated the Windows client, and the ED panel.

I'm really sorry about that. Hope that it doesn't take too long to remap the buttons. It's very strange because no one else has reported this issue so it may be something specific to your setup. Those automatic updates aren't going to be the norm, and I'll add some more security checks to ensure that doesn't happen again.

It's actually coming along pretty nicely. It's in alpha testing at the moment, and there are a couple of things to implement left but for the most part it's working :).

Any kind of timeline it will be available?

I'm pretty far into testing and things for the most part seem to be going well. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be able to have this on the Google Play store if things go well

I don't have an IOS or Android device right now, but I do have a touch screen Windows 10 tablet (HP) - are there any plans to create a Windows client application for Panels? Do you know of any applications that do this now? Thanks!

Any news on the Android version?

I'm happy to announce that the Android version of this app is currently available in Open Beta. You can find it on the Google Play store here.

I decided to release this in Open Beta because I would love the community to give me some more feedback about the state of the app on Android. I purchased an Android tablet for this project and I've been using it without issue, but there may be some bugs with different versions. If you find anything, please let me know. Hopefully this goes smoothly.

Thanks again for all the support everyone has given so far. This project is far from done and I'll be adding more features regularly!

Before I purchase this, I want to know, is there a setting to request docking? That’s one of my biggest gripes with the game currently. I have no way to set it to a keybind (that I have found).

Before I purchase this, I want to know, is there a setting to request docking? That’s one of my biggest gripes with the game currently. I have no way to set it to a keybind (that I have found).

Unfortunately not. This app isn't hacking Elite Dangerous in any way; it's only sending key presses to the game the same way a keyboard would. That means you'd only have the ability to create buttons that map to keybindings that exist in game.

Having said that, I've had some users who decided to create a button that will look to the left in-game panel, go to the correct tab, and request docking. That works pretty well, but I do find it a little jarring. That's unfortunately the only way to automate that presently however.

Top Bottom