Remember camera configuration

I would like to be able to position the camera outside my ship and be able to return to that position with one keypress. What's more, I'd like to be able to enable ships controls and have them stay enabled. This would allow me to flip back and forth to an outside camera while controlling my ship.

Alternatively, please give me the outside ship views from original Elite (port, starboard, and reverse) but perhaps throw in up and down for good measure!

You can control ships in camera mode. You just have to use completely separate binds. Would be lovely if the camera did remember settings though.

I would like to be able to position the camera outside my ship and be able to return to that position with one keypress. What's more, I'd like to be able to enable ships controls and have them stay enabled. This would allow me to flip back and forth to an outside camera while controlling my ship.

Alternatively, please give me the outside ship views from original Elite (port, starboard, and reverse) but perhaps throw in up and down for good measure!
All reasonable requests.
Current default camera controls/views are aweful.

Just need fo look at any flightsim made in the last 30 years to see how an effective camera works.
Even Elite 2 and 3 had better view options.

Good suggestions, all of which have been made before and fallen on deaf ears. Perhaps one day.

On the other hand, the current camera suite is miles beyond what we had originally. Despite some shortcomings, it's actually quite full-featured.

So I'm not complaining :)

Top Bottom