Removed Content

Like everyone else, I would play challenge mode if there's a new skin that interests me. I don't plan on getting every skin and it wasn't easy at first. I usually do the easy mode because I don't want to get overwhelmed. My first one took 12 hours and then the challenges on Mantaceros, Muerta East and Muerta were finished much faster to my surprise. I then completed Sorna, Pena and Tacano later this year and decided to do my first Jurassic Mode Challenge on Isla Pena and it was not easy. Took more than a week to complete it with 31 hours and 50 minutes on the record. I then did my second one on Isla Muerta and completed a bit faster but not enough. I plan to do Mantaceros and have tried a couple times but it hasn't worked for me. I also plan to do the challenge for Tacano Facility just to get the Spinoraptor skin (Don't really care for the Stegoceratops skin) as well as see what the rewards are when the challenge mode is updated for Claire's Sanctuary. Do you have tips for Tacano Facility and perhaps Muerta East if I feel like getting the Coastal Troodon?

I've found 10 Iguanodon + 10 Huayangosaurus to be a great paddock combination for challenge mode, it doesn't require a lot of space and it's ±1000 dinosaur rating with the right modifications

Last edited:
I just managed to achieve 5 star rating on Nublar North in 3:48 hours. This was race against the clock and the hardest Challenge Mode so far! I started with building the facilities (Small Power Station, Expedition Centre, Fossil Centre and Research Centre) and then I placed Hotel, Fast-Food and Gift Shop nearby the first Operation Centre (it is worth to remember that on this map there are two entrances called Operation Centres). The second Operation Centre is situated at the other corner of the map, and you need to put Fast-Food and Gift Shop nearby the second entrance as well, otherwise the Facility Rating will not be high enough. There are already four species on the island: Brachiosaurus, Gallimimus, Stygimoloch and Triceratops. I recommend to isolate the 3 Triceratops because the Stygimoloch will start to loose its comfort quickly due to population requirements. Move them using ACU to other location. In order to complete this you need to have 22 species in your park and 12000 points. The good news is that you only need 3 Hotels. The tactic remained the same as previouslly on Isla Sorna. I have not tried the new Paleobotany system in Challenge Mode yet, so I don't know if it is worth to researching. Console players should turn off Camera Shaking and Controler Vibration in the Settings. Lastly, I have a feeling that the Dinosaur Comfort level may be counted to Welfare Penalty. Hope that this has been helpful. Good luck to all of you and please share your scores ;)
View attachment 135544
How is it that some people get these Jurassic challenges done so fast? It took 31 hours to complete Pena and 26 hours to complete Muerta and also I would restart the challenge if something doesn't go right.

I've watched and read tips and I know I have to be patient in waiting for enough money and I don't really care a lot about beating a record but there are times when I do and it's a bit ridiculous on how long it's taken me to finish a Jurassic Challenge

Anyway, I'm doing the Jurassic challenge for Sanctuary aiming to get both skins. I more or less got my first star and 2 hours have passed.

Last edited:
Seriously, how the hell do you beat Jurassic difficulty in under four hours? Even if you lucked out and consistently received extremely good contracts and dug up lots of minerals every time you sent out an expedition, I find it difficult to believe you could reach five stars in such a short amount of time.

I have to thank you Yangchuanosaurus user for your advice. I completed the Jurassic challenge of Isla Sorna in 7 hours following all the steps you published.

1.-Hotels and buildings of food, drink, fun next to the entrance and ZERO viewing galleries: 5 stars of facilities at all times.

2. Diplodocus and Troodons all the time, everywhere. The rest of species only needed to reach 26 variety.

About the space on the island I have plenty left. Is incredible.

I'm not a big fan of Jurassic difficulty in challenge mode, in fact, I do not like anything. However without working too much I have already completed Pena, Sorna and Norte de Nublar. I think that only Sanctuary remains as the most complicated to have a dinosaur score of 12500, the highest of all. Matanceros, Muerta and Tacaño seem very easy after completing two islands as difficult as Sorna and Nublar north.

I finally found some time to complete Jurassic Difficulty Sanctuary. I took me 4 hours 30 minutes to achieve 5 star rating.
View attachment 136377
In order to do that you need to have 22 species that are worth 12500 points. This time I took a photo of map of the park that I have built. As I mentioned before, all of the buildings need to be situated nearby the Arrival Point (I used only 1 Viewing Gallery, 3 Hotels, 3 Gift Shops and 3 Fast Food). Other buildings are: Storm Defence Station, Emergency Shelter, 3 Small Power Station, 2 Medium Power Station, hatcheries and the operational buildings. As always 1 hatchery is connected to 4 pens. I ended up having 135 Troodons! You may be wondering why I have built these small enclosures away from the main park in the upper right corner of the photo. These ”boxes” are the lures for twisters. I save the game always when the storm begins. When the hurricane spawns in the place that is not convinient for me at all I just reload the game and wait for it to spawn at the other corner of the map. This allows me to focus on playing during the tornado. There’s also a bug – if you save the game before the light storm and then reload the save, the storm will not cause any damage to your buildings and it will last shorter. I hope that this has been helpful. I apologise for the quality of the photos.
View attachment 136376
Good luck ;).
I seem to be having trouble with my Jurassic challenge for Isla Tacano. My facility rating's good and I'm almost at 4 stars but I'm concerned about my dino rating. I know it needs more points in genetics and paleobotany but am trying to save up my money you know. Did you finish Sanctuary so fast because of all the carnivores of the same species?

Who has done the Isla Tacano Jurassic Difficulty. I'm on it right now and have gotten to four stars but its tough. I'm sort of running out of options in what else to ad while trying to get more money and not dry up my fossil resources.

Okay it took a while but I finally gotten through Sanctuary. I'm not saying I've completed the Jurassic challenge, I'm at 3.5 stars and I've been on it for a bit now and I'm getting tired of it. It's almost 18 hours since I've been doing the challenge. I'm running out of room. I know the only thing is to make left is to update the dinosaur rating but while I'm good on money of sorts but I don't know what else to do.

First paddock - 3 Huayangosaurus, 3 Dracorex, 3 Kentrosaurus
Second peddock - Four Iguanodon, 4 Maiasaura, Sturhtiomimus, Arcaheornithomimus, Edmontosaurus
Third paddock - 4 Triceratops, 4 Ankylosaurus
Fourth paddock - 3 Sinoceratops, 3 Chungkingosaurus
Fifth paddock - 5 Parasaurolophus, 4 Corythosaurus, 3-4 Nasutoceratops, Gallimimus
Sixth paddock - Two Brachiosaurus, 2 Dreadnougtus, 1 Diplodocus, 2 Camrasaurus, 5 Troodon
Seventh paddock - 2 Euoplocephalus, 3 Olorotitan, 2 Styracosaurus, 5 Stygimoloch
Eighth paddock - 4 Tsintaosaurus, Homalocephale
Ninth paddock - 4-3 Dilophosaurus
Tenth paddock - 3 Ceratosaurus
Eleventh paddock - 1 Metriacanthosaurus
Twelfth paddock - 1 Baryonyx
Thirteenth paddock - 4 Ouranosaurus, 3 Nigersaurus, 3 Chasmosaurus

Now I can't remember how many are left for some of the dinosaurs but still I'm at between 6800-7000 on my rating you know. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Top Bottom