Report issues using the Issue Tracker

For example: there are 3 separate reports about the same widescreen problem:

Want a 4th? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1519

What made me laugh is that QA recently closed some duplicate issues saying something like "please use the search facility before creating an issue". Haha yeah ok perhaps you should consider improving the search function?

As I've said previously, the search function is far too strict. Edit: the only way to find all 4 of the above issues is to search using only the word 'wide'. It is unlikely that anyone would do this, seeing as most people are likely to search on 'ultrawide' (one word) or 'widescreen' (one word) for example. A search on 'galaxy map' returns 33 results so that is not an option. In other words, the search function needs to be made more intelligent.

Last edited:
I'd like to start a collection of issue data, to gain some overview, since I'm curious, when certain issues will be fixed and how (and if) the prioritizing will work. This is not intended to show, that frontier is not fixing anything or doesn't care about. I couldn't list this data here, if Frontier Development would keep it private, but they don't, which I appreciate. But maybe it shows the progress of the issue tracker (and the of the issues) in the next months and indicates aspects that have to be improved. Time of data collection will vary, because I'm not paid for that. :)

Issue Tracker Timeline

2019-06-01: Fixed 32 - Invalid 100 (I do not had a look on all sections at that time)
2019-06-16: Fixed 32 - Confirmed 47 (Acknowledged 46) - Invalid 100 - By Design 2 - Confirming 2027 (As stated before, many duplicates, tickets rather than issues and real bugs)

Last edited:
Fdev, why aren't you actually looking at the issue tracker? We're telling you what issues need work, stop ignoring them or otherwise it's pointless. Might as well go to Twitter rather than use your own system.

I'd like to start a collection of issue data, to gain some overview, since I'm curious, when certain issues will be fixed and how (and if) the prioritizing will work. This is not intended to show, that frontier is not fixing anything or doesn't care about. I couldn't list this data here, if Frontier Development would keep it private, but they don't, which I appreciate. But maybe it shows the progress of the issue tracker (and the of the issues) in the next months and indicates aspects that have to be improved. Time of data collection will vary, because I'm not paid for that. :)

Issue Tracker Timeline

2019-06-01: Fixed 32 - Invalid 100 (I do not had a look on all sections at that time)
2019-06-16: Fixed 32 - Confirmed 47 (Acknowledged 46) - Invalid 100 - By Design 2 - Confirming 2027 (As stated before, many duplicates, tickets rather than issues and real bugs)

Issue Tracker Timeline

2019-06-18: Fixed 32 - Confirmed 48 (Acknowledged 48) - Invalid 100 - By Design 2 - Confirming 2073

Issue Tracker Timeline

Issue Tracker Timeline
2019-06-18: Fixed 32 - Confirmed 48 (Acknowledged 48) - Invalid 100 - By Design 2 - Confirming 2073
2019-06-19: Fixed 33 - Confirmed 50 (Acknowledged 50) - Invalid 100 - By Design 3 - Confirming 2065 (Strange, less than the day before, quite sure, I missed nothing, dropped?)

Last edited:
Perhaps some were merged?

Thank you for doing this btw, it would be good if this kind of simple summary, perhaps with some detail on the changes (eg what the new fixed bug was) could be supplied by FDev themselves. It would give them some good news to announce at the very least.
Yes, kind of a weekly or monthly overview for example with a nice diagram :). If I have time one day, the list is longer and it rains outside I maybe do one with the data we have at least.
And merged would be fine for the acknowlegdement.

I'm sure there are still people assigned to checking the issue tracker, but probably less than usual due to part of the team working on the next year update. That doesn't mean they don't see issues, that means they have limited time to sort them in the tracker.

Poking at them in here every few days isn't gonna change that. Asking them more time-consuming stuff won't either.

They showed multiple times in the past that they do acknowledged issues, but they can't fix every bug at once. Especially now that a good chunk of the team is, again, focused on next year's update.

I'm sure there are still people assigned to checking the issue tracker, but probably less than usual due to part of the team working on the next year update. That doesn't mean they don't see issues, that means they have limited time to sort them in the tracker.

Poking at them in here every few days isn't gonna change that. Asking them more time-consuming stuff won't either.

They showed multiple times in the past that they do acknowledged issues, but they can't fix every bug at once. Especially now that a good chunk of the team is, again, focused on next year's update.
As stated the timeline is not intended to show, that frontier is not fixing anything or doesn't care about. But I'm not convinced, that the current way of waiting for confirmation and prioritzing will work. But we'll see. I'm fine with the current state of the game and I really like, that they have an official issue tracker (y). I have no significant issues that keep me from playing at the moment, although the changing thruster priority is annoying :cautious:. I still have fun. o7

Issue Tracker Timeline
2019-06-19: Fixed 33 - Confirmed 50 (Acknowledged 50) - Invalid 100 - By Design 3 - Confirming 2065
2019-06-21: Fixed 33 - Confirmed 62 (Acknowledged 62) - Invalid 136 - By Design 4 - Confirming 2019

Issue Tracker Timeline
2019-06-19: Fixed 33 - Confirmed 50 (Acknowledged 50) - Invalid 100 - By Design 3 - Confirming 2065
2019-06-21: Fixed 33 - Confirmed 62 (Acknowledged 62) - Invalid 136 - By Design 4 - Confirming 2019
2019-06-24: Fixed 34 - Confirmed 65 (Acknowledged 64) - Invalid 138 - By Design 4 - Confirming 2044

2 months after first issue, and it appears nothing has been looked at or replied to.
added more info the other day but i doubt anything will get done.
That is 2 months after i reported the issue which occured 45 days prior to that.
Nothing was corrected , so i did a issue, and then another 60 days pass.

No info on if it is even acknowledged or known , delayed or what, so soon it will be 6 months of game time before we can work out what the problem is.

FD , is there anyone working the issue tracker? maybe more people are needed. Some feedback to the public on issues that are known, and what is new or not known yet.
It would make sorting the issues much easier to add to other reports or if we need to sort a new issue report.

Currently it seems many issues are duplicated from what i read above, and many other issues are then burried in the pile of unread issues with little hope of getting read or fixed anytime soon.

Where do I report an issue with the issue tracker? I'm trying to submit an issue, but it says I have to log in to do that. Fine, I log in, I grant it access, and then it gives me the "you need to log in" screen again.

I believe they were 48hrs late on the OP.

Should’ve been 1st April surely? Lol
I am on PS and fully with Old Duck, there is no point in reporting.

I still play and love the game, but by Holy Zeus, please fix the bugs. Stop everything, please fix the bugs. I know it must seem an impossible task, but start, before you do more updates to make more bugs. Did i say please?

Please.

o7

Where do I report an issue with the issue tracker? I'm trying to submit an issue, but it says I have to log in to do that. Fine, I log in, I grant it access, and then it gives me the "you need to log in" screen again.

Maybe this helps:

For all CMDRs using firefox out there in the dark, who habe problems with signing into the issue tracker (like me till today):

I used the cookie settings under 'data security' - keep cookies on closing the browser - do not delete. After that I installed a cookie manager plugin, to get the disabled functionality back, because leaving all cookies after closing the browser is not an option ☝. The cookie thing did the trick for the issue tracker and I could sign in.

Issue Tracker Timeline
2019-06-24: Fixed 34 - Confirmed 65 (Acknowledged 64) - Invalid 138 - By Design 4 - Confirming 2044
2019-06-26: Fixed 35 - Confirmed 68 (Acknowledged 67) - Invalid 155 - By Design 4 - Confirming 2043

Top Bottom