Report issues using the Issue Tracker

I have found two bugs today.

I have worked it out why sometimes you can't create an issue. It's because there is a minimum character limit of 30 characters for both the Description, but also the Reproduction Steps section.

There is no indication on screen there is a limit for the Reproduction Steps, so people just think it's broken and give up. This also applies to adding invalid characters to the Reproduction Steps section.

Also

Enter a title for your issue and go to the next screen where it checks for similar issues. If you then edit your title on that screen (the similar issues update), when you go through to the next screen the 'your hardware' section is missing.

View attachment 215876

If you try to submit the issue, the summary screen is blank.
I'm definitely over the minimum on both of those things you mentioned, and I'm still unable to head to Next Step. Wonder if there's something else I'm missing...

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I'm definitely over the minimum on both of those things you mentioned, and I'm still unable to head to Next Step. Wonder if there's something else I'm missing...
It doesn't tell you what characters are invalid, but if it isn't that then I haven't yet identified a lot people are having issues. But the amount of problems with the issue tracker mean it could be anything really. I passed this on to the CM team the day I made that post, there's unfortunately can't do more than that to get things fixed.

But do please let us know if you find out what it was.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I want to vote on a very important issue that needs fixing before Odyssey is released. Unfortunately we are still restricted even though this is an Alpha, and our number of votes have to be spread between issues in the main game and the Alpha, even though we know there's no plans to fix bugs from the main game for the release of Odyssey.
So I try to vote but I get an error
1.JPG

OK well let's see which issues I've currently voted on
2.JPG

Apparently I have -8 votes left, pretty impressive, it also doesn't clear away issues that are closed. On a side note it also says there's 2 pages of results, but this is the only page I can select.

So I have to choose one of the issues I've already voted on to remove the vote from.
3.JPG

Except I can't, because every time I try, I get an error. So now I can't vote for an issue that's far more important than the other Alpha issues I've voted on.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I just thought I would add something else I've been meaning to for a while. Contributed Issues filter doesn't work.
1.JPG

It says I have 30 total results, but it only displays 4, and those are 4 issues I created myself.

If I click 'Next' the only thing that changes is the page number. I cannot click 'Prev' while on page 2.

2.JPG

You can keep on clicking 'Next' and the page number will keep on rising.

3.JPG

I'm still stuck outside the Alpha size area and galaxy map cant click on any other system plus way-point guidelines wont activate.
Also have now noticed e-breach tool is unavailable in shop before i got stuck.

The issue tracker has issues is the least of the team's problems. I'm sure. I must admit I haven't contributed to the pile of bugs on it as I believe there is enough to be getting on with. That said, the progress made from alpha 1 to alpha 2 was very good, and each iteration is continual improvement. But let's not get complacent!

P.S: Did notice one issue with clicking on UI buttons when in full screen and not full screen borderless (the mouse cursor isn't tracking ui elements correctly). Probably is a bug there for that already, but I didn't look to be fair.

To add to the issue tracker or bug reporting, WHY ARE WE BEING IGNORED.

When I have reported a bug/issue I'm told to post a ticket to support but when i do I'm then told to use the forum tracker only to be told to issue a ticket to support thus no one at Frontier wants to know and keep passing the buck.

I am still unable to plot routes anywhere in the Odyssey Galaxy map bubble and have only the star system i'm in showing in ships NAV screen, this issue has been like this since PHASE 2.

Yes i can get about using the Apex service, making it pointless owning a ship and go exploring, and still not an answer to the Galaxy map issue of not plotting to another star system by our own means.

For sometime now many players have reported issues with the Galaxy map and as far as i can tell ALL HAVE BEEN IGNORED.

This BUKET OF BUGS Odyssey go on full release next month the 19th and is no where near complete or yet to be fixed, has a broken map and tons of bugs/inconsistency's that have no logic to them, and way to many actions/items to do something simple when only one actions/items will do.

Seems to me, If they are really interested in fixing Bugs,
they would make it as simple as possible to submit a ticket, with all info needed.
Not the off again/on again, half baked, system we have now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Issue "Tracker". More like issue dumper.

I just went there to report an issue, turns out it's been reported since at least January 2020, and to this date it hasn't been fixed.

1619396267998.png

Has anything ever been fixed after being reported there?

Greetings Commanders!

We are now excited to launch our new Issue Tracker! The Issue Tracker replaces our Bug Reporting forums and can be accessed here:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/

To report a bug simply log in with your regular Frontier account and click 'Submit Report'. You'll then be given all the steps you need to let us know about any issues you have experienced.

On this site you can:
  • Submit issues
  • Follow the status of your reports
  • See which issues have been reported by others
  • Vote on which issues matter most to you
  • Search for specific reports
  • Help contribute towards existing issues
With the launch of our new Issue Tracker the Bug Reporting forums will now be archived and all reports will now use the Issue Tracker.

Thank you for all your support so far and for helping raise awareness of the issues that are affecting your gameplay!
Se ele não fosse tão bugado seria ótimo.

starting system map get stuck with the revolving circle. only way to resolve is to reload the game. It's the first time this happens and it started today. Anyone knows of a fix ?

starting system map get stuck with the revolving circle. only way to resolve is to reload the game. It's the first time this happens and it started today. Anyone knows of a fix ?

I log out to the main menu & back in again, ime it only happens the first time I load the game, and even then not every time. Been that way for months.

Top Bottom