[Request]An explorer's ship that has unobstructed view.

I bet that many explorers would really like a ship that is designed for exploration to have an unobstructed view for those pretty screenshots.
This could either be implemented by introducing new ships, or as an upgrade for the asp in the outfitting section.

I believe at some point in development there was discussions of customisable parts on the ships, such as cockpits, engines etc. that actually altered the visuals.

The Imperial Clipper has it. Also many use the Sidewinder and look up. Finally using Shift-Alt-G toggles the HUD off/on.

Not that I would disagree with having it but TBH I try to simply incorporate a bit of the cockpit into the screenshot. I'll usually leave some little detail in like a handle or a label just to really give the feel of seeing it from somewhere vs just seeing a render of a star/planet.
For example:
141oxes.jpg

Last edited:
I believe at some point in development there was discussions of customisable parts on the ships, such as cockpits, engines etc. that actually altered the visuals.
That would great if they implement it.

The Imperial Clipper has it. Also many use the Sidewinder and look up. Finally using Shift-Alt-G toggles the HUD off/on.
I have been using the Sidewinder for this purpose. I just prefer the Asp for its jump range.

Top Bottom