Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Release

There should be some kind of "Rescue Center" type building. In this, I think there should be a roster of options of animals you can save and place in your enclosures.

You can order your veterinarian/s (If Vets will be a thing in the game) to take priority in taking care and healing this animal. Once it's healed, you may have an option to keep it in your zoo as your own, or release it back to the wild and the decision you make should have both Pros and Cons.

P.S. I haven't been reading much of the threads and Dev Journals on this site, so I don't know if anything like this already exist, or if anyone has already requested it.

Edit: To make things clear, It would be like the Hotel machanism in Planet Coaster where you only needed to attach it to a structure for it to function. It wouldn't be a ready made building, it's still going to be customizable by the piece by piece building system.

Last edited:
This sounds cool - especially if the animals came from the wild injured. And who knows you might have one come in that you once released! x
Oohhhh that would be cool. Where maybe you name the animal before releasing it, and there'll be a chance that it gets injured again and you will have to Rehabilitate it again. Maybe even have a bonus if you Rehabilitate the same animal more than one time

Another part of this feature I requested that I didn't think about when I was writing this thread was:
1. This building type should and can be attached to enclosures (The enclosures it is attached to is where the Rehabilitation happens)
2. If Diseases will be a mechanism in the game, maybe you will have to transport that sick animal to the Rescue Center and the curing process will happen there. (I don't know if the game allows you to transport animals into different enclosures)(If Diseases are part of the game, then this might break the career mode in a way)
3. These are the Injury types I think should be part of this feature: Broken Leg, Broken Wing (If there are Birds in the game), Maybe Ticks? Injured Head, Injured Body, Scars, Wounds. Tell me if you can think of other injuries.
4. A rehabilition attemp may fail. And by fail, I mean there's a chance that a broken leg will stay broken. (Maybe the rate of failure will depend on the veterinarian you assign's experience in healing) But there will be some fails that may still be healed if attempted by a more experienced veterinarian (Or by the same Vet if you want) with still a chance of failing.
5. Just to clear it up, the roster I mentioned is a list of injured "wild" animals.

Last edited:
I'm very curious to see how the veterinary department works; we saw tha animals have a "call vet" option but what really intrigue me is the "need quarantine" option. So maybe we'll have a vet area where to host illness animals to avoid the spreading of illness to the others. Maybe this could be even a rescue area.
Sooooo.... your point is..... don't put the Sick Animals in the Rescue Center? Instead have a separate building? Just to make things clear, because I didn't much understand your reply.

No, I meant that if in your park you have a sick animal that is part of a pack, you may need to quarantine it alone in a veterinary center (this seems to be since we have a "need quarantine" option). This center could have also an area dedicated to the rescue of wild animals that, as you say, you'll can later release back in their environment or keep in your zoo.
To summarize, my post was to say that, as it seems, we will have a veterinary center for quarantine, it is possible that this also works as a rescue center. :)
Oh, ok, that clears things up. Maybe have it as a Vet Center? Or Quarantine center? But that shall be a request for another thread (Probably my thread🤣)

I would love to see this. Like, when an abandoned or sick animal is found in the wild a news bulletin would go out to your zoo to see if you can rehabilitate it. You would then say yes or no. That would be pretty cool.

Top Bottom