restore power but it's already powered + attacked + over 100 000 CR lost

took a power restore mission. landed at the proper planet, at the proper system.
i have a power regulator on me.
i to to the PWR building and... it's already running.

If I go to the power building it's already powered....

So I went back into my SRV to check the mission panel. I get out to go, again, to the PWR building.

And... everyone is attacking me suddenly...

The death screen reports :

Crime ? What crime ?
I landed there. Scanned NO ONE. Did nothing to NO ONE. First time I went to the PWR building i was scanned by a guard that said i was CLEAN

I get to my SRV to check the mission panel to be sure I am at the right spot, I get out again and I get KILLED

Why did I get shot at ?

That stupid borked-ass mission is costing me 100 500 Credits for no reason whatsoever. :

So the first time I find a power restore mission. And all it gets me is :

• attacked for no reason, having scanned no one, done on crime
  • could not even restore power because it is already restored and running
  • over 100 000 Credits lost.

What the ?

I got 2 more missions like that :

No way I'm gonna even try those stupid missions.

Last edited:
if you read the mission file it say they are scav's and not the public that own the building?. the scavs have taken over.

I landed my ship. Went into the SRV. Moved the SRV near the PWR building.

I went ON FOOT. Got close to a guard that SCANNED me. That guard did not fire at me, did not say anything but : you're clean, good to go.

So I walked to the PWR building for which the mission gave me a Level 3 access... But I could see from outside the power was ON and it did not require anything.

So I went back to my SRV thinking I landed at the wrong planet. Checked the mission panel, checked the local system map : it's the right place, at the proper planet.

So I get out again... and everyone is shooting at me...

?

Could not have been a trespass because I was given a level 3 access with the mision.
No one shot me when I landed the Cobra outside. No one shot me when I got closer my SRV.
When I was on foot and waling towards the PWR building a guard scanned me and said I was clean.
No one was shooting me.

I did not even entered the PWR building. I saw the lights on, got closer, and from outside I could see the blue light from the reactor...
So I went back to the SRV to check.

As soon I got out a second time of the SRV I got fired at by all the guards around me.

Was not doing anything. No scan, no weapon out, was carrying nothing illegal but a power regulator...

Not sure what kind of bug you ran into, can't remember ever having a problem like that with a restore/prepare mission.
This bug is well known (in the past)... thought FDev had fixed it.... we had this multiple times over a year ago, but none since, and I and team do these missions every time we find a system in one of the NEGATIVE states that host the 'Support Missions' with the 'power up/restore specifics'. Like Factabulous says above... if the base is all lit up, turn around, kill the mission and keep the Power Module for yourself! (for 100k though)

So we can confirm either the bug has not been fixed
Or that bug is back

Another kind of mission I can add to my list of "missions to never ever do in the game"

I remember the bug regarding a settlement already having been powered up, but I can't recall ever getting attacked for doing nothing wrong. So far it's always been my fault if the settlement goes hostile on me.

I remember the bug regarding a settlement already having been powered up, but I can't recall ever getting attacked for doing nothing wrong. So far it's always been my fault if the settlement goes hostile on me.
As far as doing nothing wrong... what used to happen with this bug is roughly as follows:

Take the mission
Arrive at settlement needing power up
See it all lit up
Land outside the settlement
Walk to the PWR building with a non hostile demeanor
Enter the PWR building usually without seeing any NPC's (NOT Scavengers, these do/did not appear in Restore Missions)
Enter the PWR reactor room which is all powered up already
NPC always present; say's ''You shouldn't be in here!''
NPC threatens
You leave the PWR room immediately
You then re-enter the PWR room
The NPC shoots you dead without further warning.

The only thing you did wrong was ignore the NPC demand for you to leave (and not come back).

This bug WAS the bane of our lives when it is/was so difficult to actually find a system (in a required state) that spawns these Restore Missions.:mad:👎

Last edited:
what you can do, is trying the same mission again. Usually these missions are for fun and atmosphere and not for the money.

Frontier Devs have got a long history of bringing back older code with known bugs they fixed already.

As far as doing nothing wrong... what used to happen with this bug is roughly as follows:

Take the mission
Arrive at settlement needing power up
See it all lit up
Land outside the settlement
Walk to the PWR building with a non hostile demeanor
Enter the PWR building usually without seeing any NPC's (NOT Scavengers, these do/did not appear in Restore Missions)
Enter the PWR reactor room which is all powered up already
NPC always present; say's ''You shouldn't be in here!''
NPC threatens
You leave the PWR room immediately
You then re-enter the PWR room
The NPC shoots you dead without further warning.

The only thing you did wrong was ignore the NPC demand for you to leave (and not come back).

This bug WAS the bane of our lives when it is/was so difficult to actually find a system (in a required state) that spawns these Restore Missions.:mad:👎
In my case not, I'm very familiar with entering restricted areas. If I would have gone into the power building I would have murdered them all (without setting off the alarms), not just provoked them twice.

But the OP claims that he never entered the power or any other building.

Here's a new slant on Power Restore shenanigans:

Thanks to Commander Markzeero

Top Bottom