RETRIEVAL missions, that cannot be completed (or can they?)

I am having a related issue.

I got a retrieval mission with target planet destination. Unlike above, the planet gets correctly identified, but no crash site POI ever appears. I've tried scanning the Nav Beacon, jumping in and out of system (the mission was issued in the same system as the target ), flying around the planet at low/high altitudes, I've rescanned the planet (even though it was 100% mapped already), I visited a few unmarket POI, I've restarted the game, switched open/solo modes.... out of ideas, am I doing something wrong or is the mission just bugged? It's the 2nd or 3rd I get the same issue....

View attachment 247595

View attachment 247597

Same here - two missions in my home system. Planets B1 and B2 identified as targets, respectively. No POI spawned on either planet, even after the usual list of fix-attempts (log out/in, jump out/in, etc.).

279519.jpg

I have added mine (that I am currently unable to complete) to an open issue but I will also add it here in the hope that these are fixed sometime soon.
Three screenshots showing mission, me at planet, Nav list NOT showing crash site.
Tried everything I could think of, from going to different system and coming back, scanning Nav beacon, DSS'ing planet, and Re-logging. Nothing seems to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1145.jpg
    Screenshot_1145.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_1146.jpg
    Screenshot_1146.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_1147.jpg
    Screenshot_1147.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 39
Same here, no landing sites appear when you get within range. Started after the last update (down grade?)
I got lucky on some missions where two planets are close together. The landing site was actually on the other planet, not the one listed in the mission.
Frontier devs can't seem to fix one thing without messing up two others :)

Took three Retrieval missions from Shaw Station in Wolf 1438 system. Like this;

it says "...confirm the mission target location". How to do that?

There are no landable planets in the system, I detailled surface scanned all the 6 planets, did not find any crash sites.

No idea where to locate the crash site.
The mission description does not indicate which planet in the system.

Any ideas? Simply a bug?
Bugged and not working for me.
Took a bunch of these and the scavenge missions. Not a single POI spawned.

Both the retrieval and scavenge POI missions are bugged -- even when you take them one at a time. I haven't tried the larceny missions yet but they were bugged before the latest update. However, it does appear that the restore power / put out fires missions have been fixed (if you can find one to do).

Both the retrieval and scavenge POI missions are bugged -- even when you take them one at a time. I haven't tried the larceny missions yet but they were bugged before the latest update. However, it does appear that the restore power / put out fires missions have been fixed (if you can find one to do).
Yeah, same here. Hard to find power restore missions after the last update. Plenty of scavenger kill missions but no power restore. Those were the most consistent for materials. Once again, Frontier has broken a good thing.

Not working for me either no crash site in oribit of planet using supercruise assist to see if any will spawn before mission times out or issue gets fixed ...

I was able to get the crash site retrieval item (electromagnet) but it’s now stuck in ships inventory. It says it transfers to the backpack but it doesn’t.

I was able to get the crash site retrieval item (electromagnet) but it’s now stuck in ships inventory. It says it transfers to the backpack but it doesn’t.
I actually have 2 of the items the quest wanted, still can't complete. Now the info has different systems (Panoi in the description, Erevate in navigation info).
Scavenger missions are now bugged, I fly out there and no one is around to shoot. I just need one more Weapon test data and every mission with that reward is bugged.
It's like this game is intentionally f'ing with me!

I have accepted a number of those missions across several systems in the past few days, and I have not been able to complete any of them.
I had the confirmation that I had collected the required item at site, the quest log stated 1/1 items collected, the items were indeed in my inventory, but every time I went to the stations where I had to complete the quests, the NPCs would have the option to deliver, nor would the station panels.
Eventually, all the missions expired and failed, with no chance of completing them.

I have accepted a number of those missions across several systems in the past few days, and I have not been able to complete any of them.
I had the confirmation that I had collected the required item at site, the quest log stated 1/1 items collected, the items were indeed in my inventory, but every time I went to the stations where I had to complete the quests, the NPCs would have the option to deliver, nor would the station panels.
Eventually, all the missions expired and failed, with no chance of completing them.

How about having 2 of the items
ED-BUG.jpg

Same here..description is another system as the mission states. Have the item, cannot complete mission. This together with missions where the scavengers having superhuman powers and no flashlights, notoriety on foot..going to wait for update7 before playing anymore..the negative rep I have by not completing missions pfff

I have done a mixed bag of 6 retrieval missions (4 retrieve, 1 salvage, 1 larceny) and was able to complete 4 out of 6. The larceny mission did not allow me to complete the final step (leave area) for handing in the mission. On one of the retrieval missions, the container with the mission item was partially buried in the rock and I was not able to retrieve the item.

CMDR Marcus "Scav-Hunter" Bulltarsky

Top Bottom