Returning casual player, whut?

I'd not use the word "realistic" in an entirely made up situation

fair point as is the rest of that paragraph. But. Some games are more realistic than others, not just in graphics or background setting, in gameplay and timeframes and how things interact and whether suspension of disbelief or immersion is the better option to enjoy the gameplay. Where these clash there will always be issues and where different players want different things there will always be clashes, but if the game is one way then join the game rather than fighting it.

Don't confuse modus operandi with intent. I get my fun out of planning, preparing, getting informed and following through on that. Your statement holds true for the way you enjoy your game, but in the end gameplay perceived differently by every single player in their own way. You can't just look at it from your own perspective and then apply that to someone else's experiences. Shouldn't be needed to explain, but I'll do it for the sake of clarity nonetheless.

Arguably its my perspective or arguably its the way the game is intended or designed to be played or enjoyed. Doesnt mean there arent shortcuts but cant blame the game for trying to stick to the original plan and not encouraging the shortcuts.

Your OP had strong implications that you 'had to' get to 10bn before the game could start for you, its not that way at all, thats your choice and fair enough. It also implied that this impression had been given by 3yo YT vids that this was 'the way', its not that either.

The forum is not against you....mostly :) Its now much clearer what you were actually asking. I still think you'll miss out on vast amounts of gameplay but it is your game to play as you want, we'll always agree on that.

gl and fly safe o7

Yeah, you'd think so.

I found it was very enjoying to have netflix up in my cockpit in VR while happily do some core mining (2018 I think?). Relaxing while also having fun with the game loop of mining
fair point as is the rest of that paragraph. But. Some games are more realistic than others, not just in graphics or background setting, in gameplay and timeframes and how things interact and whether suspension of disbelief or immersion is the better option to enjoy the gameplay. Where these clash there will always be issues and where different players want different things there will always be clashes, but if the game is one way then join the game rather than fighting it.

Arguably its my perspective or arguably its the way the game is intended or designed to be played or enjoyed. Doesnt mean there arent shortcuts but cant blame the game for trying to stick to the original plan and not encouraging the shortcuts.

Your OP had strong implications that you 'had to' get to 10bn before the game could start for you, its not that way at all, thats your choice and fair enough. It also implied that this impression had been given by 3yo YT vids that this was 'the way', its not that either.

The forum is not against you....mostly :) Its now much clearer what you were actually asking. I still think you'll miss out on vast amounts of gameplay but it is your game to play as you want, we'll always agree on that.

gl and fly safe o7
Thank you. And I did mention I was going for one thing, but as all things in life found out that I found my niche on the way to a flexible goal itself already; mining. I found it a lot of fun, enough to concentrate on that part while also looking at the rest to see if I can fit it in. I come from games where you are not as bound to a singular focal point as this game (alts possible, not locked in to one location, money transfers not a weird rock flinging contest, you name it). Since I hate switching setups fast or considering a 4 month deep space trip for sight seeing and fully consider I cannot hop in for a short session of mining when doing said exploring I am content with doing mining for a long time to get to that imaginary self-imposed goal of 10b or beyond before I have filled my little book of wishes (physical, is laying next to me) and have planned everything around my next goal on there. I wanna see it al, it's just a matter of inflexibility on the game's part and rigidity on mine.

As for the youtube vids, I sadly know the psychology and model way too well behind that infotainment, and am fully aware of the implications and limitations the age of said infotainment brings; it's an online game and 1 patch changes everything; to top it off, youtube is designed from the ground up to promote over embellishing everything for the sake of viewtime (nope, not views, consecutive view times rule that one, common misconception).

That doesn't mean you can't look at them with a professional eye to cherry pick some fun things to do; it's often the only fast way of getting informed on mechanics/faction rewards or interesting things to do in the game.

I'll not miss out on gameplay, because I will get around to most of it sooner or later, if not sideways then through one of the goals.
Only chasing the 'best meta', does not equal gameplay. On the contrary. Just my two cents.
I agree, but can't shake the feeling you didn't quite read my posts on that, or glimpsed at best. Can't blame you, it's a lot and that's on me. In a nutshell, there's a lot I want to see and do, but mining for now was what I was having a blast (pun intended) with.

Ok. Doing about 250m $ on an hour with painite. It's a bit less engaging then faffing about with core mining tho, and I never got to try the diamond minigame. I'll refit my other ship for that to give that a shot too.

Seems to work, almost got enough for the carrier (won't buy till I can buy it almost twice), should help with my gaming/traveling time a lot, making the mining way more efficient.

Correct core mining is broked. At least three other threads about it including my own.

Pws may also be broken, but it's more that the hotspots themselves are.

ok, I've done a few hours of raning empire, and the only thing keeping me from ranking up higher then lord is that I've not had many of those rank up quests yet. But every time I do, the bar remains full. Imma guess I am done if not for the rank up quests themselves.

Weird system, and I don't understand how people can call it a grind, it's done in literally 5 hours with no time gating other then the actual rankups.

Any missions you do get added to your next rank once you get the rank mission, so they are not wasted. You just don't see the changes until after the rank up mission is done.
Aye, I got that, thanks! Hence me concluding that the rank up quests are a bit scarce. I think I might already be done with the actual rep, just need to get the ranks.

Top Bottom