Ride Optimizations

This PDF lists all the rides and optimized Sequences to get the most out of your rides.
Prices are the best price you can get without any scenery while using the posted sequences.

If you find a better setup please post it so I can test and add it to the pdf.

Hey, thanks for doing all this research. We need more people who are both willing to take on the drudgery of repeatedly testing game mechanics and unafraid to publish their results for peer review. SCIENCE!

OK, so now the peer review part........

You define "optimization" of rides as maximizing $/minute. But I have to ask, in what context was that measured? Were these rides standing alone in a test game or where they in a full-blown park with many other things competing for business? The statistic of $/minute only matters to park managers, so is only relevant in the context of a full-blown park. But before the ride can make any money at all, it first must draw some customers away from the other things in the park. Thus, tweaking flat rides necessarily delves into the murky waters of peep decision-making.

This means that the fear and nausea ratings matter a lot, but you didn't publish the EFN ratings for your sequence combinations. I'm curious to see what they are, because the fear and nausea ratings are ultimately what determine if a peep will even consider going on a ride in the first place, and thus spend his money there. Because peeps will go on rides below their minimum fear/nausea tolerances, rides with relatively low fear compete directly with rides having higher fear. And the lower the fear rating, down to about 3.5, the more potential customers it has, and vice versa. Rides with fear much below about 3.5 or much above about 5.7 cater only to niche markets so never get many customers in a full-blown park.

So IMHO, optimizing a flat ride means keeping it busy in terms of a full load of peeps accumulating in the queue before the ride ends with the current batch. Which means choosing sequences that give it attractive fear and nausea ratings while keeping excitement as high as possible and giving it a reasonably long duration to have good prestige (or allow more peeps to show up). But this has to be done in the context of what else is in the park, so that the flat ride fits comfortably in with everything else. Which means the ride has to be tweaked to fit a specific park's specific configuration at that moment, and will likely have to be tweaked again as the park grows.

Thus, it seems to me that, apart from simple, tame things like the carousel, there cannot be a single best combination of sequences for a given ride. A ride's success is too dependent on the situation at the moment. So I'm thinking the best we can hope for is to develop some general rules of thumb for the various rides, such as which sequences (or combinations thereof) to emphasize or avoid. But this would have to be done in a controlled environment. Such as a relatively small park with a couple of coasters, a track ride, and an assortment of shops, all fully decorated, which a space somewhere to plug in the flat ride you want to test.

Thank you Bullethead for your observations. You are right this is not a perfect guide that will tell one the absolute best for every situation. It is a fast and dirty guide to improving your park and making a difficult park hopefully profitable.

cost per minute is what is sounds it is the price given when playing in sandbox mode with no scenery around divided by the ride time. I know the ride time changes and the price is different for different career and challenge scenarios. This guide is just to help people change the sequences to make more money on the rides. The exact numbers will not necessarily be the same. As for the price the people will pay for the ride one should use the $3 per 100 prestige points.

With these settings I have been able to do the Challenge on Harder setting.

I created an oval sandbox park with all the rides and no scenery. The only ride that couldnt keep guests at all was Victory. All the other rides made money. Some slower than others. No coasters were present. I did test them with actually park guests to weed out the sequences that were too extreme for guests to ride on.

The jest of the guild is just to help people be more profitable than using the default setting, and hopefully profitable enough to run a successful park.

I am always looking for better sequences so if you find ones that are better please let me know.

InfinityFox
InfinityofLight

Just wondering is there an up to date guide somewhere for these ride optimizations that include all the dlc rides too ??? Also the PDF linked is not there anymore just so everyone knows, I still have it saved but yeah not up to date anymore offcourse

Asking again does anyone have an up to date version with rides from all dlc packs also in it
Hi I'm using this , not my work, pretty good and recent, contains most if not all the rides

If you've seen the old Infinity ride guide this is set up a similar way, each number represents the animation sequence number.

Hi I'm using this , not my work, pretty good and recent, contains most if not all the rides

If you've seen the old Infinity ride guide this is set up a similar way, each number represents the animation sequence number.
Thanks, I always used the Infinity guide so this is great. Thanks for letting me know.

Top Bottom