Ridiculous registration and log in protocols!

I've played a lot of Anno 2070 in multiplayer back then, always worked flawlessly.

Just updated ED on Steam too, didn't have to re-confirm anything and no error of any sort.
Consider yourself very lucky then. ;)

Regarding Anno: Me and five other friends wanted to play one day. Even though all have updated the game through Uplay, we ended up with three different versions. Then for some the manual update couldn't be applied - a nightmare.

"I've got two accounts with 2 desktop shortcuts set up and when FDev update the launcher I've got to go into the launcher folder, make 2 renamed copies of launch.exe then run the desktop shortcut to log in with my email and password, open up my email account, get the verification code and paste it into the launcher before the game will run.

Twice.

If there's a good reason why we need to re-enter our account info and re-verify our accounts every time the launcher updates, fair enough.
If there ISN'T, however, can't FDev just figure out how to make updating the client a bit smoother?"

I just spent 25 minutes of Playing time doing this.....

No issues here: Well apart from the fact that my password had changed. Which happened because I had to change it for this place.

Such is life.

No issues here: Well apart from the fact that my password had changed. Which happened because I had to change it for this place.

Such is life.
That's just weird. I logged in on my forum account, I linked this account to my ED account and it was done. No pwd change or anything.

That's just weird. I logged in on my forum account, I linked this account to my ED account and it was done. No pwd change or anything.
When this new forum opened, I could not log in using my old forum password and it did not work. I had to re-new said password and in turn. This then became my game password as well.

Top Bottom