Newcomer / Intro Robigo Passenger Missions-Anaconda

That's weird. The rule was that sight-seeing ranks got you explorer rank and bulk passenger deliveries from A to B got you trade rank. Something must have changed. It's a shame because you were doing quite well - no missions failed and you got the cycle time down to around 15 minutes.
How do you know I didnt fail any missions and got to 15 min cycles? I am intrigued.

That's weird. The rule was that sight-seeing ranks got you explorer rank and bulk passenger deliveries from A to B got you trade rank. Something must have changed. It's a shame because you were doing quite well - no missions failed and you got the cycle time down to around 15 minutes.

If that's a reply to my and Ashnak's posts I think you just mis-read them. Ashnak is saying that 'passenger missions' i.e. missions that involve flying people around, can give either trade or exploration rank.

The ones that give exploration rank are, as you say, the sightseeing missions where you pick up, fly around some tourist beacons and then drop your passengers off at the original station.

The ones that give trade rank are the 'take me to Station X' missions - one way pick up and drop off.

TL;DR - we're all saying the same thing.

I am going to do the Robigo VIP Passenger Missions to get my exploration rank up (and make a few credits).
What can anyone tell me about this? Has anyone just done it recently?
Here is my proposed ship - Anaconda - I want to try and get a LY range to do the journeys in one hop if possible:
I dont really know what I am doing with this fitout. Especially the cabins.
I could engineer the FSD to G3 or G5?

A better choice would be a Python, stripped for jump-range and running missions from Robigo Mines and not Hauser's Reach. (1) There's lots of security at Hauser's Reach scanning ships, and little to no security at Robigo mines, I have never been scanned there but it is an outpost so no Anacondas allowed. (2) Less distance from the star to Robigo Mines than to Hauser's Reach means less travel time in Supercruise and quicker turnaround. (3) More "illegal" passengers at Robigo Mines means greater earning potential.

You will want a mix of cabin types, not luxury class but first, business and economy classes, you will probably use more business and first-class cabins than economy since most passengers are "named" passengers and do not share cabins. In a properly outfitted and engineered Python I can take a full load of passengers to Sothis in 2 jumps.

Here is my engineered Python I use for Robigo Mines/Sothis runs. I store it at Ceos Brunel Hub when not in use using a high jump range Asp Explorer to get there. The 3H Guardian FSD booster gets me to Sothis in 2 jumps which is fine and can install a larger 4E passenger cabin. Note the passenger cabin setup allowing six missions. With fast flying other items like weapons and sensors aren't specifically needed except when doing other things in the area. Stored at Ceos I can swap out the cabins for cargo space etc. Being allied with all factions in the local systems also makes for better profits.

Passenger Python

You are not going to get 60 ly of jump range out of an anaconda (or any other ship) that is full of passenger cabins. The weight is simply too much to allow this.

I suggest you use a Python as they can land at Robigo Mines. It is far less of a supercruise journey in Robigo than that necessary for any large ship.
I managed to. Lots of engineering tho, very weak shields too.

I managed to. Lots of engineering tho, very weak shields too.
You can, but you need to throw out some cabins and it will handle really bad and probably not be able to boost.

Also, even if you do it wont help because the bottleneck is the mission board refresh rate.

Last edited:
Yes, def ran into the bottleneck (was after biotech's at the time). Managed to have 8 cabins I think, I did a rough draft up https://s.orbis.zone/9uQ5. *I put random quality cabins in, since it's been 6 months or so since doing this, and I use my exploration Conda to do this (meaning I leave the cabins at Hausers reach). Never experienced an actual bottleneck ( I only do this for the G5 mats), although I can always swap into my Python and go down the road to Robigo mines.

Last edited:
Top Bottom